1/3 hatched....April Fools baby mass questions.

So aside from starting a new job, Covid 19, and three eggs I was about to give up on....i was blessed with a baby on the April fools day. It's name is April Fool's don't care about the sex at this point ?. I'm at this point kicking myself for multiple reasons....first being not saving tabs on all the info ive read...second for not buying all the silk plants at the craft store 70% off.

Given the circumstances I was given the great opportunity of making a nursery enclosure on the fly....between the 99 cent store and Walmart. Didn't do bad....but I know I didn't do great either.

My major questions at this point:

is there a certain type of uvb type better for babies ?
(Has anyone found a suitable light from a hydro/hardware store?)

How often to dust wingless with calcium?
(has anyone done small crickets for new horns? He's looking at the wingless and is changing colours=stressed out

what type of silicone is chameleon safe?
(Have three 3'x4' glass panels essential for the future enclosure.)

Are plastic/rubber plants safe? I know silk silk silk....as mentioned I had to construct a crunch time enclosure at this point.

Any other questions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I WILL NEVER BUY EGGS TO HATCH EVER AGAIN. I GOT THEM FROM A REPUTABLE BREEDER IN NOR-CAL AND IF THIS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING ITS THAT IM AN ANAL, OBSESSIVE STRESS CASE THAT NEVER WANTS A LITTLE HUMAN....FOR MENTAL HEALTH REASONS OBVIOUSLY LOL.

Some pictures....because I know ya'll love em!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200403_161542.jpg
    IMG_20200403_161542.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20200403_161320.jpg
    IMG_20200403_161320.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20200402_201505.jpg
    IMG_20200402_201505.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20200401_224530.jpg
    IMG_20200401_224530.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20200401_224410.jpg
    IMG_20200401_224410.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20200401_173237.jpg
    IMG_20200401_173237.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 120
Never give up on eggs unless they are totally absolutely shrivelled and dried out beyond all possibility of them hatching!

For hatchlings I use the long linear reptisun 5.0 that I use for the adults but I usually take one that has been used for a while from one of my other cages so it won't be unite so harsh.

I dust at every feeding lightly with a calcium powder...just like I do for adults. I dust just the same as I do for adults for the other two powders too.

What's going on with the other two eggs?

The other two eggs are just eggs as of now. The one hatching gave me hope since it wasn't the one I thought I was going to pop first. Now I'm thinking worst case I'm going to get 2/3. One egg looks dirty compared to the one that hatched and the other that's still going.

I got a basic CFL UVB I'm going to use temporarily until I can get a legit florescent fixture. Hunting for a 2x2 is easier said than done I'm finding....I'm in Northern California so it's hydro store galore. I'm really going to dig deep and try to find a good grow bulb that's cross compatible. Just got to look grand to brand and dialect Kelvin's and wave lengths. It'll be done just not now.

I'm thinking he's just eating when I'm not looking. He's getting misted very frequently by this new device called the Covid 19 unemployed girlfriend.

I thought I was over stressing him but he comes to the side of his container when I open the closet.

As of now I haven't seen him eat a wingless dusted nor non dusted. At the same time he can have one walk over him with out a care. Any tips? Spray them down? I hear crickets but haven't been able to allocate any so far small enough. Baby meal worms cut in half? Quarters? Sliced finely like aged meat lol. Any tips greatly appreciated.

You're keeping it in the closet??

You said "I'm really going to dig deep and try to find a good grow bulb that's cross compatible" ....to use for what?

Don't cut up meal worms. Mealworms aren't recommended for them anyway. Sometimes they don't eat for a few days after they hatch. They sometimes have some yolk left inside them.

Yes a closet with a 250 watt heat lamp at the bottom 26 watt 5.0 uvb direct. I have been keeping it in range temp wise and temporarily keeping him in a large pet food container with the lid cut out replaced with screen

Back
Top Bottom