$1,000 cham!!!

chameleoman

Avid Member
woooooo i guess frank cham posted up his add for his hybrid species found them on cragslist for 1,000 sorry can post the link but go to craigslist and type in chameleons and he posted our thread up so were all there!!!:D

woooooo i guess frank cham posted up his add for his hybrid species found them on cragslist for 1,000 sorry can post the link but go to craigslist and type in chameleons and he posted our thread up so were all there!!!:D

Lol, the average price for a Parson's chameleon is $2,500.

what area? You can type chameleons but I would never find it if I searched in south Florida where I live.

ya i know that parsons are around 2,500

Does he have pics of the babies? Or are the pics on the page of the parents?

Yeah lol Parson's are freakin' expensive! But it's all worth it. They are either the second or first largest chameleon in the world, and they show beautiful coloration and skin.

Yeah lol Parson's are freakin' expensive! But it's all worth it. They are either the second or first largest chameleon in the world, and they show beautiful coloration and skin.

But these are the only ones known alike. Personally I would treat them, price wise, like most do panther mutts. I doubt they sell for that price.

parsons are like the elephants of the chameleon world same skin design, bug, GLORIOUS!:p

Wow, that's a high price tag. I don't think anyone will buy them for that much even if they are the only two. I was thinking they might sell for $100-$200 but dang is he selling them for a lot!

I would not pay that either. They are neat however there is something extrodinarly spectacular about Parsonii.

Although it would be great to see if these animals could reproduce F2 animals.

Last edited:
Eh, some folks think that producing something like this can make them some decent money. It's certainly an interesting project, and as Jeremy mentioned, it would have been nice to see if they could go on. It's my firm belief that such projects should only be condoned if they're never allowed out of the private collection. If they do sell, I'm sure someone will try and breed them to a veiled creating more mutts for the wrong reasons thus causing all sorts of problems for the hobby. It's just kind of lame really. :-/

Luis

Eh, some folks think that producing something like this can make them some decent money. It's certainly an interesting project, and as Jeremy mentioned, it would have been nice to see if they could go on. It's my firm belief that such projects should only be condoned if they're never allowed out of the private collection. If they do sell, I'm sure someone will try and breed them to a veiled creating more mutts for the wrong reasons thus causing all sorts of problems for the hobby. It's just kind of lame really. :-/

Luis

exactly and if you read it only 2-3 (cant remember) only survived out of 27!!!!

Luis

I agree. Veileds should be veileds and gracefuls should be gracefuls.

Luis

There is the real possibility that F2 generations coming from these hybrids is not possibly. Especially if it is accurate that only 3 out of 27 babies are still alive.

Along with non cross species breeding at least for Panther Chameleons max out at around F6 generation. That would definitely stop people from attempting to breed mutts as it has not got much of a viable breeding potential in captivity. Unless you come across an example of chameleon hybrid vigor where the babies show stronger traits then the parents.

Jeremy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom