šŸ˜„ anxiety

Mu beardie girl didnā€™t have proper care in her old home and was able to somehow lay her eggs without problems, so Iā€™m counting on her having even less problem now that sheā€™s getting correct care. But we know even thenā€¦.stress!
We are good reptile moms and our girls will get thru this much easier than we will. Lol šŸ˜‚
You know Iā€™m sitting wondering how sheā€™s doing constantly but then I think ā€¦ I bet sheā€™s just pottering around in la la land without a care in the world, so yeah, I defo agree weā€™re more stressed than them šŸ˜‚ however I donā€™t want to leave her too long without her not eating, every couple days Iā€™ll give her a morio or couple wax worms, sheā€™s eaten 1 locust this week ā€¦ when do you think I should get in touch with the vet ?

Thing is, she doesnā€™t visually look sickly, no sunken eyes, Bright colours as always and isnā€™t lethargic

Little update, Pā€™s turquoise spots have turned darker, I have a general check up (30 min appointment) next week on the 13th, think it would make me feel a ease if she can be checked over while sheā€™s going through this. Sheā€™s still looking health as in, big bright eyes, still active, not fatigued.
Feeding day tomorrow so will try get her to try eat. Drank a fair bit however no poop or urate in 2 days šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

also quick quick for you guys,
When I spoke to the vet on the phone today to book the appointment, he said write down some notes and changes that youā€™ve seen and her husbandry and also write down any questions I have about the reason Iā€™m bringing her in even though itā€™s a general check over as well. And it sounds really stupid but I feel like Iā€™m gonna forget a lot of important things to ask if you guys could give me some questions to ask him especially about this receptive period sheā€™s going through Iā€™d appreciate it

Ooh oh oh and hopefully a double silkworm delivery tomorrow so Iā€™m hoping she wonā€™t be pick about it! I brought 30 medium - large and a silkworm kit which has small silkworms and eggs along with the mill berry mulch ect. Never given her silkworms before so actually not entirely sure if this can be a main staple ? And how many would you recommend per feed?

I usually feed her dubias, crickets and locusts but since sheā€™s not interested in them and only wants waxworms I though silkworms might cure that side of things

I donā€™t have recommended questions to offer because currently I only house males but want you to know Iā€™m pulling for a clean bill of health for P at the drs! She looks great to me thanks to your care and love and I hope you get some peace of mind if nothing else from her visit.
šŸ’ šŸ¤ž

Ooh oh oh and hopefully a double silkworm delivery tomorrow so Iā€™m hoping she wonā€™t be pick about it! I brought 30 medium - large and a silkworm kit which has small silkworms and eggs along with the mill berry mulch ect. Never given her silkworms before so actually not entirely sure if this can be a main staple ? And how many would you recommend per feed?

I usually feed her dubias, crickets and locusts but since sheā€™s not interested in them and only wants waxworms I though silkworms might cure that side of things
I believe silkworms are a staple food as for how many, I canā€™t recommend, my guy only eats them occasionally but they are also good for hydration I heard. šŸ˜Š

I believe silkworms are a staple food as for how many, I canā€™t recommend, my guy only eats them occasionally but they are also good for hydration I heard. šŸ˜Š
Okay fabulous, Iā€™ll have to see how they are size wise, I imagine theyā€™re not that big even before reaching their moth stage. And yeah! Lol thatā€™s why Iā€™m hoping sheā€™ll eat them so itā€™ll make up for the hydration and nutrition sheā€™s lacking which sheā€™s going through the motions šŸ˜…

I donā€™t have recommended questions to offer because currently I only house males but want you to know Iā€™m pulling for a clean bill of health for P at the drs! She looks great to me thanks to your care and love and I hope you get some peace of mind if nothing else from her visit.
šŸ’ šŸ¤ž
Thankyou so much šŸ’ quick note, I havenā€™t forgotten about your sketch, it was literally finished but my screen broke and nothings registering so I sent it off last week to apple to be repaired, should be back Thursday so Iā€™ll send your drawing to you šŸ˜« so sorry!

Thankyou so much šŸ’ quick note, I havenā€™t forgotten about your sketch, it was literally finished but my screen broke and nothings registering so I sent it off last week to apple to be repaired, should be back Thursday so Iā€™ll send your drawing to you šŸ˜« so sorry!
No worries at all, take your time. šŸ˜Š

Okay fabulous, Iā€™ll have to see how they are size wise, I imagine theyā€™re not that big even before reaching their moth stage. And yeah! Lol thatā€™s why Iā€™m hoping sheā€™ll eat them so itā€™ll make up for the hydration and nutrition sheā€™s lacking which sheā€™s going through the motions šŸ˜…
Yes! They are skinny long and feel like silk. I always wonder if Iā€™m going to hurt them. Lol my guy eats the big ones but I feel they are easy eaters. Heā€™s 11mos now but been eating the large ones since like 6 -8mos old.

So quick side note to all this, Iā€™ve had a Dubia and a couple locusts escape in the spare room where P is kept ā€¦ got into bed which is in the room next door and hear ā€œhoppingā€ letā€™s just say the insects made themselves at home in the In-Laws Xmas presents that were bagged up ā€¦ so I leave them In there šŸ˜šŸ˜‚ Christmas suprise for them šŸ˜‚

Yes! They are skinny long and feel like silk. I always wonder if Iā€™m going to hurt them. Lol my guy eats the big ones but I feel they are easy eaters. Heā€™s 11mos now but been eating the large ones since like 6 -8mos old.
Ooh lol Iā€™m just going to be sitting there stroking them now šŸ˜‚ and the small ones look freakin tiny so thatā€™s why I went for medium- large but Iā€™ve hear they grow pretty quickly like blue horn worms right? Due to heat šŸ„²

Ooh lol Iā€™m just going to be sitting there stroking them now šŸ˜‚ and the small ones look freakin tiny so thatā€™s why I went for medium- large but Iā€™ve hear they grow pretty quickly like blue horn worms right? Due to heat šŸ„²
They do grow pretty quick yes. And they creep me out with the silk threads they make it like sticks to them. Lol
This will be fun for you. šŸ˜‚

They do grow pretty quick yes. And they creep me out with the silk threads they make it like sticks to them. Lol
This will be fun for you. šŸ˜‚
I hope they donā€™t die, itā€™s freezing here now šŸ˜« locusts are pretty hardy even though they have warmth ect but those worms seem so delicate and we are nearly in minus figures here in temp šŸ„¶

Oh jeeze. I have no clue on that aspect Iā€™ve never ordered over winters yet here either. But maybe they heat pack them, I don t knowā€¦

Mu beardie girl didnā€™t have proper care in her old home and was able to somehow lay her eggs without problems, so Iā€™m counting on her having even less problem now that sheā€™s getting correct care. But we know even thenā€¦.stress!
We are good reptile moms and our girls will get thru this much easier than we will. Lol šŸ˜‚
Just out of curiosity, whatā€™s the laying process and care like for beardies? Do they need certain temperatures and a lay bin like chams?

Back
Top Bottom