šŸ˜„ anxiety

pascal2023

Avid Member
Have only had male chameleons before I brought Pascal ( female ) and can honestly say Iā€™ve never been this anxious about keeping a chameleon until now lol!
Wether Iā€™m home or at work Iā€™m constantly thinking of things I could improve and literally everyday think about how sheā€™s feeling. Especially through her receptive phase, wish she could tell me if sheā€™s ok or not lol! I wish I knew how long this process would take and I hope sheā€™s fit enough to lay ect. I might be waffling but I think because this is my first time keeping a female I feel out of my depth, feeling anxious about her not eating for the last few days, barely drinking and next to no urate or poop. Iā€™m doing everything I can to keep her happy and leave her to it but I have absolutely no clue when sheā€™s going to lay and if sheā€™s currently having any complications. Iā€™m scared incase she becomes egg bound and Iā€™m worried about her not drinking or eating .

I know Iā€™ve had help from people and alot of you have said itā€™s normal for lack of eating and drinking but itā€™s still nerve wracking. I want her to go back to her old self lol, I miss her being a piglet and I really thought missing every other day of feeding would encourage her to eat but she wonā€™t have anything which means sheā€™s not taking her supplements šŸ˜”

Donā€™t want her to get sick or pass away from not eating/ drinking / taking her supplements šŸ˜”

Attachments

• 5A2221DB-7DC9-4946-9FE2-0C01BD88969E.jpeg
    5A2221DB-7DC9-4946-9FE2-0C01BD88969E.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 57
So sorry that youā€™re going thru this. Our ladies are amazing and beautiful but do cause us a lot of anxiety. I have assumed that youā€™ve had her tested for parasitesā€¦yes? Will your silkworms be arriving soon? @kinyonga is the best one to help you thru this as she knows oh so much more than the rest of us.

Have only had male chameleons before I brought Pascal ( female ) and can honestly say Iā€™ve never been this anxious about keeping a chameleon until now lol!
Wether Iā€™m home or at work Iā€™m constantly thinking of things I could improve and literally everyday think about how sheā€™s feeling. Especially through her receptive phase, wish she could tell me if sheā€™s ok or not lol! I wish I knew how long this process would take and I hope sheā€™s fit enough to lay ect. I might be waffling but I think because this is my first time keeping a female I feel out of my depth, feeling anxious about her not eating for the last few days, barely drinking and next to no urate or poop. Iā€™m doing everything I can to keep her happy and leave her to it but I have absolutely no clue when sheā€™s going to lay and if sheā€™s currently having any complications. Iā€™m scared incase she becomes egg bound and Iā€™m worried about her not drinking or eating .

I know Iā€™ve had help from people and alot of you have said itā€™s normal for lack of eating and drinking but itā€™s still nerve wracking. I want her to go back to her old self lol, I miss her being a piglet and I really thought missing every other day of feeding would encourage her to eat but she wonā€™t have anything which means sheā€™s not taking her supplements šŸ˜”

Donā€™t want her to get sick or pass away from not eating/ drinking / taking her supplements šŸ˜”
It's absolutely OK for you to be the worried Nana/Delivery Partner. I recommend the psychoprophylactic technique AKA Lamaze. Remember labor and delivery is natural. Deep breathing and relaxation will help you comfort Pascal. By the way, she is a CUTIE. The 1st time will be difficult but she's got this because she's got you to make sure she's ok. I use a wifi camera to monitor Carmelo and provide pet therapy to stressed out robotics technicians. Sounds like you are monitoring everything and that's going to be key for Pascal.

So sorry that youā€™re going thru this. Our ladies are amazing and beautiful but do cause us a lot of anxiety. I have assumed that youā€™ve had her tested for parasitesā€¦yes? Will your silkworms be arriving soon? @kinyonga is the best one to help you thru this as she knows oh so much more than the rest of us.
Yeah sheā€™s been tested twice for parasites this year, once when I got her in September and a month or so later because of her poop looking weird but turned out to just be a buildup Of food but yeah all good since then, hasnā€™t had worms. Weā€™ve still got some really bad postal delays since postmen are on strike so Iā€™m still waiting on them, itā€™s been 2 weeks. Been chasing it up so order another lot just incase from a different website šŸ˜” and thanks skittles Iā€™ll have a word x

It's absolutely OK for you to be the worried Nana/Delivery Partner. I recommend the psychoprophylactic technique AKA Lamaze. Remember labor and delivery is natural. Deep breathing and relaxation will help you comfort Pascal. By the way, she is a CUTIE. The 1st time will be difficult but she's got this because she's got you to make sure she's ok. I use a wifi camera to monitor Carmelo and provide pet therapy to stressed out robotics technicians. Sounds like you are monitoring everything and that's going to be key for Pascal.
Sheā€™s been showing next to no interest in her lay bin and still looks super skinny, I know obviously sheā€™d would still look skinnier since eggs havenā€™t been fertilised by a male but then I suppose they all look different during their pregnancies. And Iā€™m getting a webcam for Christmas so Iā€™ll set it up. Iā€™ll look into that technique too, Iā€™ve never heard of it before lol!

Iā€™ve had countless messages telling me Iā€™m not looking after P properly on instagram and telling me that sheā€™s going to die and get sick because of me, also had people telling me sheā€™s egg bound and that sheā€™s going to need help from vets with delivery and that she might not make it if surgery is require ā€¦ itā€™s genuinely upsetting, Iā€™d only ever take advice on people on here and I know I shouldnā€™t let it get to me because Iā€™m caring for her at the best of my ability and want to give her an amazing quality of life. Care so much about her, but what am I missing, what is it people can see that I canā€™t with my own chameleon, she doesnā€™t look egg bound to me but the way people are talking to me on instagram is making me think differently, am I actually doing enough and doing the right thing šŸ˜„

Iā€™ve had countless messages telling me Iā€™m not looking after P properly on instagram and telling me that sheā€™s going to die and get sick because of me, also had people telling me sheā€™s egg bound and that sheā€™s going to need help from vets with delivery and that she might not make it if surgery is require ā€¦ itā€™s genuinely upsetting, Iā€™d only ever take advice on people on here and I know I shouldnā€™t let it get to me because Iā€™m caring for her at the best of my ability and want to give her an amazing quality of life. Care so much about her, but what am I missing, what is it people can see that I canā€™t with my own chameleon, she doesnā€™t look egg bound to me but the way people are talking to me on instagram is making me think differently, am I actually doing enough and doing the right thing šŸ˜„
O!M!G! Wtf is wrong with those IG people?! Do not let them get to you!!! You are an awesome cham mom and as far as I can tell, she is going thru her first receptive period. Nothing has ever interfered with my girls eating, but I do know that some do go off food when receptive. I do think @kinyonga or @jannb are the best ones to further guide and advise you. In the meantime, stay off IG and (((hugs))). šŸ’—

O!M!G! Wtf is wrong with those IG people?! Do not let them get to you!!! You are an awesome cham mom and as far as I can tell, she is going thru her first receptive period. Nothing has ever interfered with my girls eating, but I do know that some do go off food when receptive. I do think @kinyonga or @jannb are the best ones to further guide and advise you. In the meantime, stay off IG and (((hugs))). šŸ’—
Thankyou, I post photos of her and explain my journey with her, I donā€™t ask for advice from people on instagram but people seem to give unhelpful criticism and nasty comments for no reason but yes I suppose all these chams are different like us, Thankyou for being so kind ā¤ļø

Do not let them get to youā˜¹ļø. Continued prayers she lays soon and gets back to normal. šŸ’œ
I just wonder if sheā€™s actually noticed there is a lay bin down there, literally all day sheā€™ll be walking around, I wonder why she just wonā€™t settle and lay. Have offered roaches and locusts, Iā€™ve put 4 of each in 2 separate feed pot. From what Iā€™ve seen, only 1 locust has gone but Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s just jumped out, I would love to look but i donā€™t wanna bother her too much šŸ˜”šŸ’™

Ok babe... First do not pay attention to those on social...

I work in social media daily. And it never fails to amaze me how disgusting people can be within the platforms. Somehow most people have lost their understanding of kindness. Spewing foul words and thinking they have the right to comment on whatever they like. No thought of how their comments hurt others. To me this is a very sad time in humanity...

Now then lets review everything... Post pics of cage top to bottom so we can see layout of entire set up. And multiple pics of her. Including the burns so we can see how they are healing. Are you still putting the silver cream on these? How long has she actually gone off food?

Ok babe... First do not pay attention to those on social...

I work in social media daily. And it never fails to amaze me how disgusting people can be within the platforms. Somehow most people have lost their understanding of kindness. Spewing foul words and thinking they have the right to comment on whatever they like. No thought of how their comments hurt others. To me this is a very sad time in humanity...

Now then lets review everything... Post pics of cage top to bottom so we can see layout of entire set up. And multiple pics of her. Including the burns so we can see how they are healing. Are you still putting the silver cream on these? How long has she actually gone off food?
Itā€™s just shocking how people can be like that, trying to scare people with information that may not be true!

So this is the cage top to bottom, there is a lay bin in there on the back left hand side 12ā€ x 12ā€

Photo was taken a month ago so there isnā€™t any of those black vines or natural rope, im our at the moment but Iā€™ve replaced it all with softer flukers vines 25920008-F309-42B7-A16B-F6B824AFF528.jpeg This is P from this week, her burns are healing nicely, Vets said I could stop with silver cream on Friday just gone x

42A3DAAD-1A3E-4FF1-93A4-7ECB104E5230.jpeg F926B21B-5739-45A9-9049-AF0A53D56453.jpeg

And with food sheā€™s been off it since Tuesday, only wanting waxworms, I know theyā€™re fatty so avoiding feeding them to her, but Iā€™m also feeding every other day, took that advice from lovely people on here.
She drinks tiny amounts since she went on an earring strike, but will only drink at night? And sheā€™s been offered locusts, hoppers and dubias.

The not eating, drinking, not pooping, no urate and obviously not knowing if/ when she will lay is stressing me out massively x

Are there branches that go down into the lay bin? Did you use moist sand and will it hold a tunnel.

@MissSkittles what do you think about placement of laybin?

Are there branches that go down into the lay bin? Did you use moist sand and will it hold a tunnel.

There are 2 branches coming out of it and low plants that have leaves easily accessible to climb in and out of the lay bin if that makes sense and yes itā€™s washed damp/ moist play sand, just getting home Iā€™ll take a photo of it now x

I think itā€™s very goodā€¦nice and private.
My belief is that Pascal is having her first receptive period since she recently developed her colors and has been quite active. Not ready for the lay bin just yet. My girls have never had anything interfere with their eating, which is why Iā€™ve tagged Kinyonga and JannB.

Back
Top Bottom