😔It's too late😔

My chameleon Pixie sadly passed away this morning, I did everything I could, I ordered the reptisun light, I put a bunch of little waterfalls and live crickets in her cage, I took her outside when it was warm so she could have sunlight.
I found out that the person I got her from was the same person my brother got his chameleon from who died after about a week, (that was a long time ago) he didn't seem very knowledgeable at all, he said she would live 20 years, he said she was fully grown, according to her size and weight she wasn't.
She had a Brown bump on her tail when I got her and she developed another one on her toe, shortly after she developed the second bump her claw was missing the next day.
I guess it's back to Macy and I, I'm so lucky to have her she's the sweetest chameleon I've ever owned.
RIP Pixie😭😞

I am sorry for your loss. This unfortunately happens when chameleons do not get the correct care. When you are told one thing is fine and then come to find out later it was incorrect. I thought in your other thread you said that your mom would not let you order the correct lighting?

Chameleons are very hard animals to care for when you have a limited budget. I would not continue getting them, wait until you are older and have the income to support a perfect enclosure that has everything they need to live a healthy long life.

I’m so sorry that you lost your little one. 😢
Chameleons are not easy nor inexpensive animals to care for. There is little room for any errors and this is especially so with young or baby chameleons. As @Beman has said, wait until you are older and have more resources so that you have the best experience and are able to give a chameleon a long and healthy life. Continue learning and asking questions until then. 💗

I am sorry for your loss. This unfortunately happens when chameleons do not get the correct care. When you are told one thing is fine and then come to find out later it was incorrect. I thought in your other thread you said that your mom would not let you order the correct lighting?

Chameleons are very hard animals to care for when you have a limited budget. I would not continue getting them, wait until you are older and have the income to support a perfect enclosure that has everything they need to live a healthy long life.
I finally convinced her to order the light yesterday, we won't be needing it now.
I have a question, I have a large tub of mealworms and some have turned into pupa, are they still okay to feed Macy?

💯

I’m so sorry that you lost your little one. 😢
Chameleons are not easy nor inexpensive animals to care for. There is little room for any errors and this is especially so with young or baby chameleons. As @Beman has said, wait until you are older and have more resources so that you have the best experience and are able to give a chameleon a long and healthy life. Continue learning and asking questions until then. 💗
My big one died, the little one is technically an adult, she's just growth stunted

Please show a photo of your remaining chameleon with a pupa beside it so we can see how big the pupa are compared to her. There are much better insects to feed her than mealworms.

Last edited:
Please show a photo of your remaining chameleon wig a pupa beside it so we can see how big the pupa are compared to her. There are much better insects to feed her than mealworms.

Please show a photo of your remaining chameleon wig a pupa beside it so we can see how big the pupa are compared to her. There are much better insects to feed her than mealworms.
I know, I feed her more than mealworms like, cricketts and dubias

Attachments

• IMG_20221021_153317818.jpg
    IMG_20221021_153317818.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 49
When pixie died she cancelled the order, would it even benefit Macy though?
Shes already growth stunted and she eats and drinks just fine
Yes, it is one of the major components to them being able to live. This stimulates appetite, energy, functionality of their body, and D3 conversion in their body to help their bones stay healthy and strong. She is growth stunted because she has not had the right husbandry. The same outcome can very easily happen to her without the right care.

Yes, it is one of the major components to them being able to live. This stimulates appetite, energy, functionality of their body, and D3 conversion in their body to help their bones stay healthy and strong. She is growth stunted because she has not had the right husbandry. The same outcome can very easily happen to her without the right care.
To add to beman, if they develop MBD from not having that UV and the correct husbandry you’ll end up paying way more than the cost of a light fitting at the vet, they’re an expensive animal to keep and need to be maintained for quality of life @Macy&Pixie the chameleons

I have another question, people say that when it's nice and warm outside you should take your chameleon out to get sunlight, but when I take Macy outside she immediately turns black and like deflates for lack of a better term, is this good, is she just not used to sun, what?

Back
Top Bottom