zoomed reptivite with out d3??????

This is Vit-all

682-452-large.jpg

according to several research weve concluded that its almost impossible to overfeed with d3 because a cham can store it, to use the reserves that it takes when he/she is running out of pre-vit d3 wich the epidermis(Skinlayers) needs to provide the body for D3.

the causes to use its reserve's are bad UV-lighting or bad supplementing.

really....so you are saying you cant give a chameleon too much d3?

thats what there stands, but there is one way to overdose and that is with pure drops of d3. but with powdering and gutloading its impossible.

interesting. im new to the chameleon scene so your experience far outweighs mine. but alot of people on the forum are preaching that d3 is dangerous to some extent and should only be used a few times monthly, else problems will arise.

what species were in your research? i ask because i have a little panther.

veiled and panther's and especialy in the beginning they need tons of calcium and d3 otherwise theyl end up getting mbd.

But as i told i think they preeching for pure D3 drops that will get dangerous but only with powdering we cant get to that sort of overdosing there's to little in the powder's to overdose D3

veiled and panther's and especialy in the beginning they need tons of calcium and d3 otherwise theyl end up getting mbd.

But as i told i think they preeching for pure D3 drops that will get dangerous but only with powdering we cant get to that sort of overdosing there's to little in the powder's to overdose D3

thanks for the info ricardo.

thats what there stands, but there is one way to overdose and that is with pure drops of d3. but with powdering and gutloading its impossible.

Could you please point to the research you are quoting. I have read conflicting info on this issue and I'd like an opportunity to read the source which you are referencing.

I have understood that a cham can regulate its D3 absorption from UVB light by simply avoiding exposure. I have understood that any ingested source of D3 can be overdosed and that its balance with Vitamin A is critical to good health. Of what I have encountered, an over dose of vitamin D3 can cause calcium to be leached from the bones in order to produce a balance of serum calcium in the bloodstream with the overdose of D3. Most of my sources of reference are anecdotal, so I expect any reader to do their own research .

thanks for the info ricardo.

The difference in dosages of D3 from one brand of supplement to another is staggering. Read the labels of several competing brands and it becomes apparent that some are formulated as a daily dose and some are formulated as a monthly dose.

Unfortunatly i cant reach out the resaerch cause i havent got it there what you say is correct. but the question is can we overdose by only powdering?

no not in a far way.

The difference in dosages of D3 from one brand of supplement to another is staggering. Read the labels of several competing brands and it becomes apparent that some are formulated as a daily dose and some are formulated as a monthly dose.

i have both the indoor and outdoor miner-all from stickyfarms. just bought the outdoor because i didnt want to give too much d3, and i believe the indoor has a smaller dosage of d3 than others. use the indoor everyday and outdoor a few once a week.

if i am wrong please correct me.
my lil guy is 2.5 months

i have both the indoor and outdoor miner-all from stickyfarms. just bought the outdoor because i didnt want to give too much d3, and i believe the indoor has a smaller dosage of d3 than others. use the indoor everyday and outdoor a few once a week.

if i am wrong please correct me.
my lil guy is 2.5 months

I'm not familiar with just how much D3 is in the Minerall I supplement, but if it is a daily dose , then your regime makes sense regarding Calcium and D3 supplementation .

But , what are you using to provide the other vitamin requirements?

Personally , I switched from RepCal products about 1 year ago and I now use Zoomed's Reptivite with D3 and Zoomed's Repticalcium without D3 on alternate days. This is working well for me.

The switch from RepCal was due to its Calcium with D3 having an enormous amount of D3 and its Heptivite not having any preform Vitamin A . They have chosen to formulate their Herptivite vitamin with beta carotene in place of preform Vitamin A.

I'm not familiar with just how much D3 is in the Minerall I supplement, but if it is a daily dose , then your regime makes sense regarding Calcium and D3 supplementation .

But , what are you using to provide the other vitamin requirements?

Personally , I switched from RepCal products about 1 year ago and I now use Zoomed's Reptivite with D3 and Zoomed's Repticalcium without D3 on alternate days. This is working well for me.

The switch from RepCal was due to its Calcium with D3 having an enormous amount of D3 and its Heptivite not having any preform Vitamin A . They have chosen to formulate their Herptivite vitamin with beta carotene in place of preform Vitamin A.

thanks for your help with this. i use reptivite once a week as well. should i use this more often?
also just checked the dosage of indoor miner-all and it is 4,400 i.u of D3 as compared to repticalcium that has 10,390 iu of D3

Your chameleon is likely eating the sand and soil because you aren't giving it enough calcium. I use Rep-cal phos.-free calcium at most feedings. Rep-cal calcium/D3 twice a month lightly and Rep-cal Herptivite twice a month lightly.

Can you post a picture or two of your chameleon please?

yah i will post pics of both asap...

From what I found it seems it has around 40-45k IU/KG of D3.
Meaning it has roughly double the dose of D3 that Repti-Calcium from Zoo-Med has and 10% of the D3 that RepCal D3 has.

Assuming that information was accurate, I would say it's a close to daily supplement you could use, but I would probably skip dosages once or twice a week to reduce some D3 ingestion.

My suggestions for D3 supplementation would be:
Repti-Calcium with D3 (zoomed) 5-6 times a week.
Exo-Terra Calcium with D3 4-5 times a week.
Minerall with D3 4-5 times a week.
RepCal with D3 1-2 times a month

From what I found it seems it has around 40-45k IU/KG of D3.
Meaning it has roughly double the dose of D3 that Repti-Calcium from Zoo-Med has and 10% of the D3 that RepCal D3 has.

Assuming that information was accurate, I would say it's a close to daily supplement you could use, but I would probably skip dosages once or twice a week to reduce some D3 ingestion.

My suggestions for D3 supplementation would be:
Repti-Calcium with D3 (zoomed) 5-6 times a week.
Exo-Terra Calcium with D3 4-5 times a week.
Minerall with D3 4-5 times a week.
RepCal with D3 1-2 times a month

miner-all has the lowest dose of d3
the dosage of indoor miner-all and it is 4,400 i.u of D3 as compared to repticalcium that has 10,390 iu of D3

Back
Top Bottom