Zoomed reptisafe water conditioner

Paulycham

I am using a water conditioner every time i fill up my dripper, I've read the directions on the bottle and it says to add 2 drops to each cup(8fl.oz.) of tap water. My dripper is 79ounces, so i put 20 drops in. Should i stop using it or keep doing it? Is it safe for a chameleon? Thanks...

I would not use it. Never know what it does. If your worried about the tap water you can buy natural spring water gallon jugs for cheap. Or you could fill up a jug of water through your tap and let it sit for 24hours to evaporate the chlorine. Or you can get a RO system to filter all your tap water.

I would not use it. Never know what it does. If your worried about the tap water you can buy natural spring water gallon jugs for cheap. Or you could fill up a jug of water through your tap and let it sit for 24hours to evaporate the chlorine. Or you can get a RO system to filter all your tap water.
Ok... Thanks...

Simple solution just use normal drinking water. Bottled water, or as mentioned above a big 1 gallon jug of spring water is only about 99 cents. You can find some cheaper then that I'm sure.

It does work, if it's needed for chams is another discussion however it does what it says it does. It breaks down chlorine and ammonia and I think it adds some trace electrolytes as well. Ever had a fish? My guess is it's the same ph buffer and dechlorination chemical as the fish conditioner drops just marketed to us reptile keepers. Just moving around North Florida my tap water has ranged from 6.5-8.2ph so the buffer alone may make it worth it depending on your water supply. That said if your patient letting water sit 24hrs does allow chlorine to dissipate but won't effect PH. I use RO so don't worry about it anymore however did use it with my chams in past mainly bc it was easier for me to add drops while filling up a jug then wait 24 hours.

IF (and that's a big if) your water department uses free chlorine. A lot of larger municipalities have switched to chloramines for stability and safety. They do not dissipate when left out. You'll have to check with your local water department to know what chemicals they use and at what levels. If you search "chloramine" on the forum here, there have been some very good discussions about this in the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom