ZooMed compact 5.0 /10.0 flourescent lightbulbs

Fate X

ZooMed compact reptisun 5.0 /10.0 flourescent lightbulbs

has anyone used these new zoomed reptisun compact flourescent bulbs they have a self contained ballast and are available in a 5.0 and 10.0 you can use them in dome reflectors etc. i got one a few months ago it was 20.00 $ and was using it with the 5.0 flourescent tube lights. i recently won one at a ebay auction for 12.95 shipping included i was thinking they might make good emergency lights if i dont have any regular flourescents laying around and i could put them on the females cage after they lay eggs .i have the 5.0 version

can these lightbulbs can be used as stand alone lights for chameleons?
these bulbs are 5% uvb and 30%uva

Last edited:
Fate X said:
has anyone used these new zoomed reptisun compact flourescent bulbs they have a self contained ballast and are available in a 5.0 and 10.0 you can use them in dome reflectors etc. i got one a few months ago it was 20.00 $ and was using it with the 5.0 flourescent tube lights. i recently won one at a ebay auction for 12.95 shipping included i was thinking they might make good emergency lights if i dont have any regular flourescents laying around and i could put them on the females cage after they lay eggs .i have the 5.0 version

can these lightbulbs can be used as stand alone lights for chameleons?
these bulbs are 5% uvb and 30%uva

I did not find the compact flourecents to be that great, but they will work.

westcoastchameleons said:
I did not find the compact flourecents to be that great, but they will work.
Jake, explain why... Replies like this are the kind that actually make a conversation more difficult or confuse the person asking the qurstion. If you don't have the time/info/experience to post with detail, it's probably better to let someone else reply instead. Or at least wait until you can post in complete detail.

What specific product did you use?
How much did you pay for it?
Why did you decide to try it?
What items were included with the purchase?
Are any further items required to use the product?

For how long did you use it?
How was it set up?
What times where it on?
Were all the instructions for the bulb followed carefully?

What did you like, and dislike?
Even if you didn't like it, did the product do what it claims to?
Would you recommend it?

these are ZooMed compact reptisun 5.0 /10.0 flourescent lightbulbs professional breeder series ,uvb wavelengths help prevent or reverse metabolic bone desease in captive reptiles.
uses 26 watts=130watts .

to be more specific with my question is this light as good as the regular reptisun 5.0 flourescent lights? is it not as good? better? or about the same? i have not used this light enough time to know myself. my theory is that it puts more light energy at a smaller point source, meaning the chameleon will receive more light perching directly under the compact bulb then under one regular flourescent reptisun 5.0 as the flourescent light emitts 40 watts of light over 4 ft.

This thread is 5 years old and has been discussed at great length many, many times since then. I'd suggest searching some recent threads about this and if you are looking for something very specific and can't find it then start a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom