Zoo Med?

gwilliams

What do you all think of this light for Chameleons (Veiled & Panthers)?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 511VnG9uvxL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    511VnG9uvxL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 127
We use it at the top of the cage and then have a regular bulb for basking on the side near their favorite branches....

zoo sized uvb

works good at over a foot away best for free range or lg zoo sized cages if used on a small cage it can burn your cham

I woukd assume it puts out equivalent to the 10.0 as far as uvb. Which is a little to much. Though u could move it back.. its more or less for desert dwellers that need tons of uvb and 105+ basking temps. A little too intense for a cham I'd think. But like i said move it a foot and a half away and u may have something. itll dull the uvb output and lower the basking temp.. i would never tell someone to get one for a cham. But if u wanna make it work u could try

Edit: u could put it in one of the all wire domes so some of the heat and uvb can disapate out the top bringing down the intensity

I wouldn't use it, when your chameleon moves away because outs to hot it won't be taking in any UVB so use a normal house hold bulb for basking bulb and a UVB bulb that's gives of no heat

Back
Top Bottom