zoo med reptisafe

Quick question. I was wondering if zoo med reptisafe is safe to use with live plants. I have a hibiscus and a ficus, as well as some fake plants/vines. I've been using it for a few weeks now, and my hibiscus is starting to die. I took it out and put it in direct sunlight for a few days, gave it some fertilizer, but it's still dying. I guess my real question is how can I keep the hibiscus from dying?

Quick question. I was wondering if zoo med reptisafe is safe to use with live plants. I have a hibiscus and a ficus, as well as some fake plants/vines. I've been using it for a few weeks now, and my hibiscus is starting to die. I took it out and put it in direct sunlight for a few days, gave it some fertilizer, but it's still dying. I guess my real question is how can I keep the hibiscus from dying?

Are you watering the plant directly with the ReptiSafe treated water or is it just getting sprayed with it when you mist your cham? If it is just getting the sprayed water that's probably not the issue. Hibiscus can be touchy if they don't get enough direct light or sit in overly wet soil too long. Check the drainage of your pot. Soaking roots that never dry can rot. You may need to get rid of the saturated soil (because it can get moldy or support fungi and kill the roots) and start over again. Put some larger gravel or more vermiculite in the bottom of the pot, don't use a saucer or at least keep the extra water from sitting in the saucer.

Back
Top Bottom