Zoo Med PowerSun UV Mercury Vapor?

Darthroastcoffee

Avid Member
166D4B17-1A7D-470D-801C-3FBC1BCCF378.png
Is this a good light to use for a Savannah monitor just wondering thinking about stepping up my game haha it’s a 50 dollar bulb but if it’s way better then a cheaper basking bulb for 105 air temp and 135 basking area. Then uvb and uva bulbs would this one bulb that I’m asking about eliminate all that I have and be able to use just that I don’t have experience with it and I don’t know if it would be as good as it’s made to sound... any info will be appreciated thanks!

I'd say it's okay... but just that... If you want to be stepping up your game you should go for solar raptor or mega ray HID flood light (these are not self-ballasted).
Depending on the country you live in there are other good brands like Reptech and The White Light available on the market...

Thing with zoomed and reptisun is they are commercial brands and best quality is not their first concern as most commercial pet stores don't hold other brands than these (and maybe arcadia) anyways and their focus is on a wide range of items instead of only lighting.

Monitors are also very strong reptiles and will not show the neglect of having received proper UVB lighting until later age when they will get things like gout because of it...
Also when fed enough mammals they will get a large dosage of their D3 requirement from the prey animal.

Back
Top Bottom