Zilla Calcium Supplement Spray?

ReptileLove18

Established Member
i'm getting prepared for bringing home our new baby, and while at petco looking for vines i found a Zilla Calcium Supplement spray. what i used with the last baby was reptivite with d3 and calcium with d3 everyday until i read that too much d3 can be harmfu. so i got this spray to use everyday along with the reptivite and calcium dusts once or twice a month. has anyone else used this calcium spray? my thought was that it would stick better to the food and it doesnt have d3 in it

I have seen that stuff for sale but dont think too highly of Zilla products in general, plus, I fail to see any advantage over dusting.

Are you getting a veiled male cham?
I would stick with what is tried and true, I dont know of any cham breeders who have recommended this product.
That does not mean it's no good, just means your cham will be the guinea pig :D

i'm getting prepared for bringing home our new baby, and while at petco looking for vines i found a Zilla Calcium Supplement spray. what i used with the last baby was reptivite with d3 and calcium with d3 everyday until i read that too much d3 can be harmfu. so i got this spray to use everyday along with the reptivite and calcium dusts once or twice a month. has anyone else used this calcium spray? my thought was that it would stick better to the food and it doesnt have d3 in it

I would stick to calcium without d3 daily and calcium with d3 every 2 weeks and a multivit every 2 weeks. The powder should be a very light dusting and the feeders shouldn't look like ghosts.:)

I would avoid anything made by Zilla, they tend to make really awful products. Besides, you'll probably notice that if you spray a cup of crickets or worms with the stuff they might start drowning, as it takes very little water for crickets and superworms, for example, to get weighed down and die. Dusting lets you coat them entirely (lightly) and they will go on to walk around happily until they are snatched up as lunch.

I agree with sticking to the powder. Just get a plain cal to use at most feelings and use the reptivite for your d3 and vitA

I have seen that stuff for sale but dont think too highly of Zilla products in general, plus, I fail to see any advantage over dusting.

Are you getting a veiled male cham?
I would stick with what is tried and true, I dont know of any cham breeders who have recommended this product.
That does not mean it's no good, just means your cham will be the guinea pig :D

yes im getting a 3 month old male veiled. thank you for the reply, im sorry its taken so long for me to reply, my internet crashed for a few days! i'll see if maybe i can return the calcium spray then and order calcium without d3 online because i cant find it without d3 anywhere locally. i have a multivitamin with d3 and calcium with d3 powders already so i just gotta get it without d3!

thanks everyone for putting your thoughts in!! ill return the spray, if theyll take it without the receipt and if not i still wont use it! any ideas on what sites i could order the calcium dust without d3 on it affordably? also, im curious what i should start with for feeding this baby, with Pablo he only had gutloaded crickets. there are no other live foods offered locally so i wanted to see what other people start their babies out on and what sites they order other live foods from. ive looked some up and there is tons of choices so any opinions would be very appreciated!!

I am planning on getting a chameleon in the somewhat near future, but i picked up a juvi leopard gecko from petsmart last night and the only calcium supplement they had without d3 was the zilla spray. the gecko was captive bred and is very healthy looking and active. the spray is nothing near a mist. the spray came out in drops for the first ten or so pumps, but then the bottle finally sprayed. its kind of messy, so i hold the cricket with a paper towel while i spray it and its fine and it doesnt keep the cricket from moving naturally. the leo licks its lips constantly for a few minutes after eating the cricket and also licks it of my fingers. so im assuming its tasty for them. as for the health benefits, too early to tell. my input is not too helpful, but i have used the product and its input.

As said before sprays are not good to cover feeders for any kind of reptile and the zilla products are not well thought of. Having said that i have never used the product. One reason i can think of is that feeders should be dusted lightly, with a spray how can you measure how much you are giving. Certainly for chams i would stick to what has been suggested.

that makes sense i will certainly scratch the spray and find a dust without d3. where have you guys ordered your calcium dust without d3 in it?

Back
Top Bottom