Zebra Roachs?

Redeye

Customer brought in a colony of "Zebra Roachs" and gave it to the store, they seem perfect size for Kaleid to eat, so was wondering if anyone had fed these before, and why there is 0 talk of it on this board (used search function and got 0 results)

Thanks for any info

I did a few searches as well and this was one of the concerns I found:

Zebra Roach (Eurycotis decipiens) -- A strikingly patterned roach, about an inch and a half long, that is native to Central America. It is a fast runner and has tiny claws on its feet which allow it to scale glass or smooth plastic, and is therefore difficult to keep confined. The zebra roach also releases defensive chemicals when disturbed that many people find offensive.

Depending on the chemicals, probably doesn't look like a good feeder.

Zebra roaches

All the feeder roaches in the industry started out as being kept as pets first. I remember when we first sold dubia they were 3.00 dollars a piece! THe Zebra roach was sold as a pet species. They also climb glass and cost more than typical feeder species. They still go for a few dollars a piece so spendy to use as feeders. They are kept and bred as pets and display roaches. If you have animals that will eat them they will be fine as feeders.

Digby Rigby [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom