Yummy Pothos?

Syn

Avid Member
My veiled has finally eaten every single leaf and flower off of my poor hibiscus and he's now moved on to my pothos. He takes a good 4-5 bites at a time several times a day. I know it's a bit toxic, but I've also heard it takes a LOT to be TOO toxic. I'm going to start putting kale on the sides of the cage eventually once we clean out the fridge haha! Just wondering if there's something I should do. Thanks!

My veiled has finally eaten every single leaf and flower off of my poor hibiscus and he's now moved on to my pothos. He takes a good 4-5 bites at a time several times a day. I know it's a bit toxic, but I've also heard it takes a LOT to be TOO toxic. I'm going to start putting kale on the sides of the cage eventually once we clean out the fridge haha! Just wondering if there's something I should do. Thanks!

I have had the same problem Syn. He kept on eating the pothos and only the pothos I just let him eat them he ate about 2 hanging plants total, he never got sick or i never notcied anything unusal. I would like to say its kind of a phase some notorious veileds go through.

You could also check your supp schedule and what you gutload to your feeders maybe hes lacking something ??

Also how old is your cham? mine was about a Year when i noticed and lasted about 4 months.

Unknown age. Estimated at about 6 months to 8. My schedule is just like everyone else's for the most part.

Start trying different fruits, I found that all mine really enjoy strawberries. Brad mentioned collard greens and kale I believe as great leafy goods.

-Jay

Yeah I was going to try giving him some kale later when I got some.

Tell me if im wrong but i am pretty sure pothos is not good to eat in large amounts.

Not in LARGE amounts, no.

I have never done this but i have been told the sap that you get out of a pothos will make you lips numb?

I put some shred up carrots on the pothos leaf he was munching.. he seems to enjoy it. :)

I put some shred up carrots on the pothos leaf he was munching.. he seems to enjoy it. :)

good thinking! :) Im going to try that.

I have a panther chameleon that eats pothos leaves like there's no tomorrow. Dont know why, none of the others seem interested in their plants (most panthers dont each veg). Anyhow, I've heard they are toxic if a lot is injested - but it must be a HECK of A LOT - Im giving my crazy girl a new plant (luckily I have plent of clippings) every month.

weird, my veiled about 7 or 8 mo. has just started eating the pothos in his cage too. I tried something that you (syn) suggested to get some kale to the side of his cage, (paperclip) and he won't touch them. it's even right next to the plant he's eating. Maybe it has something to do with age?

Back
Top Bottom