Your Chams favorite snacks

EarlMT

I was looking into ordering some other type of feeders, I was curious what your guys' Chams like the most and where has the best prices?
Thanks!

My Cham loves to snack on hornworms. I buy them from Mulberry Farms. They have deals on the hornworms every few months. That's when I usually buy them. I can't remember the prices right now, but they are pretty good.

Hornworms, all day long. Mulberry farms is definitely the cheapest but I've been getting them from Josh's frogs because there is way more food in the cup so they can grow the whole way to pupae without having to add chow. Wax worms are a favorite too but nutritionally hornworms are absolutely the way to go. And Soldier flies always get snapped up instantly!

My jax likes flies but he doesn't get them often... He also likes wax-worms and the occasional superworm and silkworm.
His favorite staple is crickets.

My panther mainly loves superworms but will take a wax-worm from the hand too, he's kind of a grump when it comes to his staple feeders, I think he has a preference for dubias over crickets but he changes his mind sometimes.

Both my chameleons dislike grasshoppers, I still try feeding them sometimes when I buy some for my ackie.

So far my 3 month old veiled goes crazy for his staple crickets. Not so crazy about dubia roaches which stinks since I have so many in my colony that I started for my tarantulas. My chams favorite treat is superworms. As skittish as he is he will always come out to grab a superworm from my fingers.

So far my 3 month old veiled goes crazy for his staple crickets. Not so crazy about dubia roaches which stinks since I have so many in my colony that I started for my tarantulas. My chams favorite treat is superworms. As skittish as he is he will always come out to grab a superworm from my fingers.
Awesome thanks guys!

Hornworms, all day long. Mulberry farms is definitely the cheapest but I've been getting them from Josh's frogs because there is way more food in the cup so they can grow the whole way to pupae without having to add chow. Wax worms are a favorite too but nutritionally hornworms are absolutely the way to go. And Soldier flies always get snapped up instantly!
Is there anyway to order only small hornworms on mulberry farms? My Cham is only about 3-4 inches long lol.

My Cham loves to snack on hornworms. I buy them from Mulberry Farms. They have deals on the hornworms every few months. That's when I usually buy them. I can't remember the prices right now, but they are pretty good.
When you guys hand feed do you do it out of a cup or let the bug sit on your hand?

Is there anyway to order only small hornworms from them? My Chams only about 3-4 inches lol

Is there anyway to order only small hornworms on mulberry farms? My Cham is only about 3-4 inches long lol.
You can request small worms! Just leave a note at checkout. I've gotten them the size of mealwoms for the baby geckos that I have from Mulberry farms. I have never tried linda's gone buggy, but I have heard good things.

When you guys hand feed do you do it out of a cup or let the bug sit on your hand?

I usually just hand feed my chameleon. But sometimes I just put the hornworm on one of his vines. I put a couple of them around the cage. He enjoys going around and hunting for them.

I was looking into ordering some other type of feeders, I was curious what your guys' Chams like the most and where has the best prices?
Thanks!

Mine likes small cats. Atlas just sits above a bowl of cat food I put outside and nails a stray every now and then. I do have to worry about parasites however...

Back
Top Bottom