Your Chameleons Personality Threaddddd

I have three chameleons. But I think Jagras is the most... Dramatic.

As @Klyde O'Scope says about his, I feel like mine is also homicidal. He just glares at me constantly when I’m near him, I feel he’s planning a revolution to throw over the human race. Vicious and violent, I have only one picture of him being calm and it’s when he’s a little baby. He’s been like this since I first got him, he’s always hated people, I think it might be because I got him from a situation where he was a pet for a toddler. I hate toddlers too so I don’t blame him. He’s bit me, hissed at me, he’s just a menace. He even scares my dog and she’s a 60 pound pitbull. Have you ever seen a pitbull yelping away because of a chameleon the size of a dollar bill? It’s funny but also pathetic.

Needless to say I have pure hatred living in my home and I don’t even charge him a dime.
That’s amazing 😂

I have three chameleons. But I think Jagras is the most... Dramatic.
I like your choice of words there. ;)

As @Klyde O'Scope says about his, I feel like mine is also homicidal.
I hope everyone realizes that was hyperbole with (my) tongue firmly implanted in cheek. 😁

He just glares at me constantly when I’m near him, I feel he’s planning a revolution to throw over the human race. Vicious and violent,
They are.

Mask Hiding GIF by 60 Second Docs

I have only one picture of him being calm and it’s when he’s a little baby. He’s been like this since I first got him, he’s always hated people, I think it might be because I got him from a situation where he was a pet for a toddler.
Might be fear—not hatred. It can be overcome, but it takes time & patience.

I hate toddlers too so I don’t blame him. He’s bit me, hissed at me, he’s just a menace. He even scares my dog and she’s a 60 pound pitbull. Have you ever seen a pitbull yelping away because of a chameleon the size of a dollar bill? It’s funny but also pathetic.
No, but I've seen a bearded dragon on the floor keep 4 dogs at bay on a couch. Dogs are wusses.

Needless to say I have pure hatred living in my home and I don’t even charge him a dime.
Yeah, but think of all the joy he brings to every situation! :ROFLMAO:

Every chameleon has a different personality what’s your babies personality? Yoshi (I know I know cliche name my siblings made me do it) has a personality of a toddler 😂. When you first reach your hand in his cage he gets MAD but if you hold it there for about a min he calms down and loves climbing my giant dracena in my room. He HATES cameras hates hates them. He also loves basking. And his fav food is Hornworms
my girl Mango LOVES people and will climb right up to your shoulder or on your head lol. she gets scared if you move too fast but then she warms up to you. she’s such a quick learner but skeptical about cameras 🤣

Emile is made of grump and sass, and does what he wants, when he wants. He is (I surmise) surprisingly social for a veiled, although humans are often mostly a highway to UUUUPPPP OOUUTTT UPPPP, where he will glare at us all from his wall vines.

Leo is very chill. Anyone can pick him up, feed him, etc.

He doesn’t even really hide while sleeping, his sleeping spot is always on a taller branch in his free-range. Always the same spot.

If he sees a superworm, he will follow it until it’s either in his mouth or out of sight. Food is priority #1.

Overall, a pretty good cham to show off to friends + family, and not bad as a display pet either.

DED2E9CF-2DF1-4C04-9DF3-6D3C3D954421.jpeg

This is Van:
64454B2F-6234-4C36-8A88-56235716B2DD.jpeg

If he was a human, he’d be on the Varsity football team and he’d wear nothing but jerseys and champion sweatshirts. He’s very dramatic and likes to lay out on his branches in very photogenic poses; his favorite is hold on with one hand and let the other hang down, that’s the equivalent of humans only wearing one strap of the book bag. He acts like Edward from Twilight. If there was female chameleons around he’d probably fire up 24/7 but pay no attention to the ladies, he’d play hard to get and make them come to him.
If you open his cage he’ll puff out his throat and if you put your hand near him he’ll hiss and open his mouth as wide as it’ll go. But if you’ve got crickets he’ll jump off the branches and sit on your hand and when he’s done eating he’ll insist on hanging out on your hand and refuse to go back to the cage for a while. Then he’s a puppy. But if you bring up his sweet attitude he’d probably deny it.
CB7D5C8B-3397-402A-B2F6-D76EA7A972AB.jpeg

Here is him telling me to back up (notice the hand gesture) because I’m cramping his style and he doesn’t want to be seen with me.

Last edited:
This is Van:
View attachment 317576
If he was a human, he’d be on the Varsity football team and he’d wear nothing but jerseys and champion sweatshirts. He’s very dramatic and likes to lay out on his branches in very photogenic poses; his favorite is hold on with one hand and let the other hang down, that’s the equivalent of humans only wearing one strap of the book bag. He acts like Edward from Twilight. If there was female chameleons around he’d probably fire up 24/7 but pay no attention to the ladies, he’d play hard to get and make them come to him.
If you open his cage he’ll puff out his throat and if you put your hand near him he’ll hiss and open his mouth as wide as it’ll go. But if you’ve got crickets he’ll jump off the branches and sit on your hand and when he’s done eating he’ll insist on hanging out on your hand and refuse to go back to the cage for a while. Then he’s a puppy. But if you bring up his sweet attitude he’d probably deny it.
View attachment 317578
Here is him telling me to back up (notice the hand gesture) because I’m cramping his style and he doesn’t want to be seen with me.
Hahahahahahaha

How did I miss this one my pastel is all always mad if she can’t get her way nobody gets there way. But when you have food for her she will be your best friend.

My Green Bean is the sweetest thing but she's definitely sassy and knows she owns the place :p
She'll climb right onto my hand and is content just to sit on my shoulder as I go about my day. Always happy colors. She has the kindest eyes and the best personality I could have asked for <3 Anything I eat or drink.. she wants it too.. and doesn't mind shooting her tongue at human food if you're not careful. She once RAN up to my kitten unprovoked.. fastest I had ever seen her move.. and bit her on the nose. My cat steers clear of her to this day. : )

My Green Bean is the sweetest thing but she's definitely sassy and knows she owns the place :p
She'll climb right onto my hand and is content just to sit on my shoulder as I go about my day. Always happy colors. She has the kindest eyes and the best personality I could have asked for <3 Anything I eat or drink.. she wants it too.. and doesn't mind shooting her tongue at human food if you're not careful. She once RAN up to my kitten unprovoked.. fastest I had ever seen her move.. and bit her on the nose. My cat steers clear of her to this day. : )
Just be extremely careful that kitty doesn’t have any chances of getting near Green Bean.

Back
Top Bottom