Young parsonii changing colour-natural or something else??

Twitchet

Chameleon Enthusiast
O.k so I've been able to put the boy outdoors for the last few weeks- nice temp and he's loving being able to get out and sun bathe- under screening!- I have been amazed at how much he's changing colour- not huge but enough to notice- his head is whiter- he has a blue-pink-grey hue in his rostral crests and his jaws are coloured paler now-he's getting those stripes on the sides of his head too-
can you see the green going from the lower jaw? changing to a paler colour and the pale colour on the end of the crease of the mouth
I really was excited to see this beginning to change to more adult colour- his body is bluer than greener now too- he's CBB sept15 by the way-

so then the paranoia monkey sat on my shoulder and whispered in my ear
'what if it's not colour change - maybe he's ill and you are a bad owner for not spotting it !
so guys is this natural more mature colouration or should I be aware of this change for any other reason?
He is 100% eating,active, drinking, pooping.
Just check him out for me and silence the doubt monkey!

Awwww! He's beautiful! There is nothing wrong with him at all, he's just growing up fast and getting those colors going. :p

I would say he's in serious trouble and the only thing that will save him is some Arizona sunshine. I'd be happy to help out and adopt him!!!:D:D:D

He's absolutely gorgeous!

Oooh- you- I literally nearly fell off my chair and I felt my heart go all funny when I read that! Oh I've gone all shaky now! I thought you meant it lol :ROFLMAO::LOL::D
he IS gorgeous and I have so enjoyed looking at him and thinking he's becoming a man then as I say I thought- better check- you never know- now I can tell the monkey to go ..:LOL::p
Thanks- I'll bear you in mind if I think he needs a holiday!

Nope just growing up. i have one thats in the same color stage as yours. Just more defined stripes. He looks good nothing wrong with your boy.

Attachments

• 17760184_10210714055302450_278776961133922649_n-2.jpg
    17760184_10210714055302450_278776961133922649_n-2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 101
Nope just growing up. i have one thats in the same color stage as yours. Just more defined stripes. He looks good nothing wrong with your boy.
Thanks - I look at yours and i can't believe he will become so beautiful, He doesn't as you say have the stripes- I'm really hoping he will get the side sunspot but no sign of one- that's a fantastic looking boy you have and thanks for putting my mind at ease.
Thought he was o.k as he seemed so healthy but it's just so amazing to be able to post a picture and get a health appraisal from you guys. Thanks all.

Thanks - I look at yours and i can't believe he will become so beautiful, He doesn't as you say have the stripes- I'm really hoping he will get the side sunspot but no sign of one- that's a fantastic looking boy you have and thanks for putting my mind at ease.
Thought he was o.k as he seemed so healthy but it's just so amazing to be able to post a picture and get a health appraisal from you guys. Thanks all.
No problem. and you never know how they will turn out. Mine didn't have the the sun spot on his side till he got older and its more of a streak then a spot lol. But he does look good just growing up.

I don't know about you guys, but the sun from Palm Springs, California is better ;) there's even misting systems constantly running down by stores, I say it's made for chameleons in that desert.

O.k so I've been able to put the boy outdoors for the last few weeks- nice temp and he's loving being able to get out and sun bathe- under screening!- I have been amazed at how much he's changing colour- not huge but enough to notice- his head is whiter- he has a blue-pink-grey hue in his rostral crests and his jaws are coloured paler now-he's getting those stripes on the sides of his head too-
can you see the green going from the lower jaw? changing to a paler colour and the pale colour on the end of the crease of the mouth
I really was excited to see this beginning to change to more adult colour- his body is bluer than greener now too- he's CBB sept15 by the way-

so then the paranoia monkey sat on my shoulder and whispered in my ear
'what if it's not colour change - maybe he's ill and you are a bad owner for not spotting it !
so guys is this natural more mature colouration or should I be aware of this change for any other reason?
He is 100% eating,active, drinking, pooping.
Just check him out for me and silence the doubt monkey!

Beautiful!

These guys usually show their most vibrant colors as juveniles, here's the same chameleon at about 1 and 3 years old. Your guy looks great!
I'm guessing his head will be mostly white, he could end up turning more blue in the body though. Most of the males that start out green end up turning blue later on.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Thanks Garrett, super gorgeous animal you have, it's rather surreal for me having this little animal weighing 60 g and pale green when I got him last year and now he's getting bigger and I look at him and think he's really going to look like the pic you posted? It doesn't seem real somehow!
He looked very different to most of the pictures posted of animals at the same age, he still doesn't have that turquoise colour so it's amazing how different they are.
I was super freaked when I got him, anxious with the responsibility of such an animal but ive calmed down and he's pretty easy going now, handled everyday and he just tolerates it, eats very well but still can't get him to eat from my fingers, by the end of the year I think he will.
Thanks for all your help (y)

Back
Top Bottom