Young nosy mitsio

NosyRandall

Just wanted to start this thread of my little male panther growing up. Hopefully by the end it'll make a good timeline of pics of his colour changes.

3 months old

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 338
he looks awesome. I remember when I got my mitsio and just watching all the stages they go through. I'm still waiting for the yellows to take over but he's still young

Cheers buddy!.. Yeah he's my first Cham only had him 3 weeks and can see him changing/growing already.. How old is your mitsio? Have you got a pic?

lol you seem to be in same position i am. i have a mitsio/ambilobe cross. 3 months old next week and bought 3 weeks ago this saturday

hes been great, here's my thread on him. I agree will be great to see and compare the two[/QUOTE]

He looks an awesome little fella, I know they don't always look exactly like they're sire but I wish I had a pic of mine! What's yours eating at the moment?

currently 1/4" crickets and w.e fruit flies remaining from the breeder. have an expo in 2 weeks where ill see what sort of other feeders i can find and what not. crickets have been gutloaded with may different things (dried cranberries, dried pineapple, dried papaya, millet seeds, mint leaves, sun flower seeds, split green lintels, spurilina apples carrots kale cantaloupe, strawberries, banana, and oranges)

NosyRandall, your boy is a cutie, but might I ask what your supplementation schedule is? At 4 months, your boy already has visible MBD, and we don't want that to get any worse. You can notice he has MBD (metabolic bone disease) by the curve of his forearm in the most recent two photos. MBD is not reversible, he will always have the bowed limbs now, however you can stop it from getting worse by following an easy supplementation schedule.

A supplementation schedule that most chameleon owners follow is:

-Plain Calcium every feeding
-Calcium w/ D3 twice a month
-Multivitamins twice a month

If you have any more questions in regards to MBD, do not hesitate to ask! Another useful thing you could do for all of us would be to fill out this information so we can better diagnose the problem:

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Yeah I suspected the mbd when I first noticed him climb on the roof of his enclosure he was a little shaky.. I have been supplementing him calci-dust every feeding and a multivitamin with d3 every fortnight, he eats 7 - 12 medium locusts a day and I give him 2 waxworms as a treat a week.. He was the smallest from the clutch in the pet shop I got him from think he was about 9grams when I first got him, he's about 18 grams now after having him nearly a month.. I gut load his locusts with a fruit and nut mix sometimes banana or oranges aswell.. His humidity levels always between 65 and 75% his temps are alright 24-26'c with a 28'c basking spot, UV lamp which is on a timer I just link it with real sunrise sunset times .. I spray his umbrella plant 4 times a day and he has a dripper which I put on a couple of times a day.. Always check his urates are good and white which they are .. It's a shame because he's right little character but like you said just got to try and stop it getting worse..

Back
Top Bottom