Young nosy be enclosure help

Ok if your going to do that... Look into the arcadia brand :) 6% they are such a better bulb. And you replace these every 12 months instead of the zoo med which is 9 months. Although I don't know the size of your fixture I pulled this link for you. :) https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-6-uvb-t5-reptile-bulb.html

Let us know what other questions you have. And since she is your first. I would for sure get a 3 month old. I have been a keeper for a year and there is no way I would go younger then 3 months. lol
Ok so i’m working on the basking spot and need some help. I decided on one bulb for now in the dome fixture. It was reading 120°f with 2. I am not at around 89-92 is this too hot?

Ok so i’m working on the basking spot and need some help. I decided on one bulb for now in the dome fixture. It was reading 120°f with 2. I am not at around 89-92 is this too hot?
Wayyyyyy to hot... So we want this at no hotter then 82 at basking. But that is only if she is younger then 3 months. If she is younger then 3 months then no basking light at all just the T5HO fixture. Use a low wattage regular incandescent bulb for a heat bulb, I am guessing a 75 watt would put you right in the sweet spot. IF you have a temp gun take the reading right off the baby at basking to be sure when you get her. But also take it off the branch that is the highest basking branch. For females you want to do lower temps and food intake due to this having a direct correlation to the clutch size. So lower heat+ less food= not as many eggs for her to lay which is then in turn easier on her body.

@kinyonga knows about females and how to go about doing this with her egg laying. I am sure she can direct you to good reading material for your girl. :)

Wayyyyyy to hot... So we want this at no hotter then 82 at basking. But that is only if she is younger then 3 months. If she is younger then 3 months then no basking light at all just the T5HO fixture. Use a low wattage regular incandescent bulb for a heat bulb, I am guessing a 75 watt would put you right in the sweet spot. IF you have a temp gun take the reading right off the baby at basking to be sure when you get her. But also take it off the branch that is the highest basking branch. For females you want to do lower temps and food intake due to this having a direct correlation to the clutch size. So lower heat+ less food= not as many eggs for her to lay which is then in turn easier on her body.

@kinyonga knows about females and how to go about doing this with her egg laying. I am sure she can direct you to good reading material for your girl. :)
I have a 60 watt and it’s still reading around 90°f I might have to just go with no light and just use the uvb. What would u recommend if she is older than 3 months? Also what temp do you keep your room at that your Chams are in? The room is a constant 80° but I can drop it to 75 if needed

I have a 60 watt and it’s still reading around 90°f I might have to just go with no light and just use the uvb. What would u recommend if she is older than 3 months? Also what temp do you keep your room at that your Chams are in? The room is a constant 80° but I can drop it to 75 if needed

Get a Ceramic Heat emitter and put it on a thermostat control and you can get the exact temps you want. I have two T5 lights on my enclosure and it does not reach the basking temp I want.

Yeah I agree with @AnamCara... But I would also drop the ambient room temp to 75. She will need gradients with her temps to move through and since she is female your top end temp is 82 at basking some even keep their females at 80 for basking. So you do not want the room to be 80 or their will not be a temperature gradient that she can move in and out of. And it is a 60 watt regular incandescent bulb? Like one that you would use in a light in your home?

Regarding cutting the food back and cutting the temperatures a degree or two...don't do that until she's full grown. It's always a hard call...if you wait until then the clutch might be bigger but if you cut her down too soon she's not finished growing and she needs the food for that.

If she's only 3 months when you get her then you can feed her as much as she will eat in a couple of minutes at each feeding and leave a couple of crickets in the cage for a snack. Make sure you supplement properly, gutload the insects well and use the UVB too of course. If you have any questio

Back
Top Bottom