Young female Yellow head jackson with black between back legs.

TKD

I just got a young female Yellow head Jackson from work as she was improperly shipped and her front horn is broken.

What has me more concerted is the black around the anus and between the back legs and slightly on the legs.
It has happened since she was arrived at work a week and a half ago. She has been here only two days.

She is also wild caught.

Any idea as to what is causing the black and how to help

Is it dried blood? like stuff dripped down & stuck on type of black? Or like bruised black?
I noticed that (dried blood) on my first wild caught about a week & a half after I got him. when I went to clean it off (was really stuck on there) I noticed it was reddish on the paper towel, then when I was done, I noticed a drop of fresh blood come out the vent.
Might just want to check & see if it's that? Might help narrow down the issue.'

She does seem to be moving and drinking OK.
She does not eat as much as I would like though.

Here she is.
Soory about beeing late and the pic beeing fuzzy.
You get a better idea with the thumbnail then the full size.

Attachments

• P1010248.jpg
    P1010248.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 189
chameleons will change colors drastically in areas that have some sort of trauma. personally i would have a xray done.

You have a w/c that came in with a bruise. Sad but not at all unusual. Keep an eye on it, bruises take a while to heal but the color should fade gradually.

No other Jackson's at work.
Thank you very much for the confirmation of the bruise.
If it was something else she would probably have trouble moving.

No other Jackson's at work.
Thank you very much for the confirmation of the bruise.
If it was something else she would probably have trouble moving.
I have a male veiled that bruised the tip of his tail. I gave him a warm shower everyday for like 4 days and it seemed to help the bruise alot. the second day, the bruise disappeared for like an hour after the shower was over. It came back, but it wasnt as dark looking. Just a thought. Hope your new friend is ok!

not true on them having trouble moving when hurt. my males femur was completely broke in half and he still used it. how long has the bruise been there and has it reduced in size?

I am sorry you lost her. I have heard that it can be a different ball game keeping a WC versus a CB. DO you have any idea why besides the bruise she had?

She did have a broken horn.
Apparently she ate at the store durring the week but I never say her eat here, only drink.
Other then that no idea.

Back
Top Bottom