Yoshi My 4 month male veiled

NewOwner

Not sure if these pics will work, if they dont pleae someone help me? :p:)

One is my cham, Yoshi Male, And the other is his 21 X 16 X 36 Cage :p <- Turned to the side... [Bend your neck] Lol.

Last edited:
Wow that is Wierd, Haha :p Cool though,
:) Mind me asking how your cage is setup? any pictures? im just lookin for tips :p

Good work and welcome!

Hi, nice cage ya got there.

What kind of UV light are you using? Is it a tube? The red heat lamp, should be changed over to a normal household lamp (bulb). The household lamp will give him a good amount of light and the UVA will help stimulate him to eat.

If you wanna read up on some lighting info check out the UV Guide site.

Over all, looks good.

Edit: I would move the UVB lamp to cross the top of the cage corner to corner and place the heat lamp next to it and be sure you have a perch within 6-8" of the two lamps. What brand and output (5.0 or 10.0) is the lamp?

Wow that is Wierd, Haha :p Cool though,
:) Mind me asking how your cage is setup? any pictures? im just lookin for tips :p

I have a mesh reptarium that has a few live plants in it including a pothos, a palm, and a croton. I use a 5.0 UVB tube light and a normal househould light bulb for a basking light. He also has some vines and a big piece of driftwood to climb around on.

Attachments

• Yoshicage1.jpg
    Yoshicage1.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 141
  • Yoshicage2.jpg
    Yoshicage2.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 106
Yeah.. Mine is pretty small cage... dunno when we will get or make another... This one pretty much was a test making it, seeing if it would work, it did :) But yeah, probably 24 24 48 later on.

I agree about removing the red light and having the UVB tube on top next to the heat bulb so that the chameleon sorta basks in their combined light.

Cage looks good !

I do not know what brand, and thank you... :)they are tube UVB lights...

If you remove the lamp from the fixture and examine the lamp it should be labeled... If not... Then its time to buy the correct lamp assuming that is a no name and might not be proper. Do you have any glass or plastic lens between the UVB lamp and the cham?

Yes there is a lens, I will check it today, im goin to school now. i will be on at the breaks at school though, Thanks Alot !

Yes there is a lens, I will check it today, im goin to school now. i will be on at the breaks at school though, Thanks Alot !

You are going to need to remove the lens that is over the tube. UV light cannot pass through the lens therefore making the bulb useless. :)

Back
Top Bottom