Yoda's Cage

AdamJB

Hey all just wanted to post a pic of my new cham, yoda's setup. lmk what you all think.

~adam

YodaCage1.jpg

YodaCage2.jpg

YodaCage3.jpg

i would recommend putting a vine right under your uvb light so that he can absorb the rays better and easier, and just add a few more vines at the top also. they higher the better and the safer they will feel. other than that great set up and good luck with yoda

There is a vine that goes directly under the basking light, i think the ppurple leaves block it in the pic. About 6 inches underneath it. Should I out another?

here is my enclosure, i have most of the branches towards the top and closer to the uvb lights, im not saying my cage is any better just that he is closer the the uvb lights and will absorb it easier
SA500801.jpg

well i dont think you have to buy new vines, just use the purple one you have and lift it up just a little. no need to spend more money. if you are going to buy some dont buy at petco those are like 10 bucks for 6ft rip off. check out craft or hobby store that might have fake vines as decoration. most of the time they are about half the price and practically the same thing. good luck

6 inches away from the basking light is actually great if your temperatures are correct. If your chameleon can get to close to the basking light he or she will eventually get a nasty burn on the casque or along the spines of the back. These burns are nasty, I am sure painful, leave scars and can easily get infected.

You could definitely add some more foliage up top on the side opposite of your basking area, but as far as moving the vine up, as long as your temps are good.. I wouldn't :)

Back
Top Bottom