yike- need your help with rescue - young veild

much better - still very bad, but much better than he was - he can hold himself up right now, he could only lay on his side yesterday- he ate 6 small crix w/ CC injected in them - he has URI & MBD - so he is on fortaz also - he ALMOST tried to get out of his box/bed- his grip is also stronger- but I say all this nervously - he is still VERY sick and we all know how they like to act fine, and then die quickly :( but over all - better
now I need to find out his care- he seems to be a desert type- they are really pretty - not common from what I understand - anyone know about these guys??

I am fine :D ty for asking - my mantis are all hatched- about 400?? and I have just as many lose fr/ flies as mantis- so that works I guess- LOL
but getting up at 4:45 AM now to make sure each critter gets what it needs now- getting a bit tired- but just love to do this :D

so he is able to use his other legs a little bit now? glad to hear he is improving a bit, still praying for him. i have never heard of that species! i wonder how the owners found this guy..

and i wish there were more people like you in this world, you do so much every day for so many little creatures and its just amazing :)

so he is able to use his other legs a little bit now? glad to hear he is improving a bit, still praying for him. i have never heard of that species! i wonder how the owners found this guy..

and i wish there were more people like you in this world, you do so much every day for so many little creatures and its just amazing :)

You are so right, Cheryl is an amazing person with a heart as big as the world...I am so glad to hear that he is doing better, I think about that little guy so much you would think he was mine, I just hate to hear about one being sick or hurt.....I know Cheryl will do everything possible for him.

:(:(:(
sadly, he passed away while I was at work - I did not have high hopes for the poor little guy - he was really bad- could not move hardly at all- I made little papertowl rolls to stick in his feet so he could THINK he was holding onto something ,but he did crawl across my lap this AM - so I had hoped he was feeling better- but his uri was so bad I could hear it from my bed - I just wish they would have not waited so long to decide to let him go to someone ( ANYONE) who could have helped him sooner- I just will never understand why ppl wait so long - it is frustrating , I can not tell you how many times I just thought - if only it made here sooner :( you should see some of the kittens that come to me- OMG- they are train wrecks ! I will not gore you with the details- but somehow, many make it ~ this is very sad, I am more sad he died alone - I try not to let anything pass away alone- but I do have to work to support my furry and humane family :(
thankfully tax season is almost over, and then I will have 24/7 to be here

So sorry to read this. I agree, I don't understand why people do what they do sometimes. Poor little fella. You gave it 150% and that is all you could do, so sorry he did not make it.

Well at least you tried. And sorry you lost him, so sad because it wasnt his fault and never had a chance.:(

So sad, it just hurts my heart so when these little sick ones die, I know you did everything possible for him and you must be hurting also....is there anything you could do to get them to get those poor sick babies to you sooner?

Well at least you tried. And sorry you lost him, so sad because it wasnt his fault and never had a chance.:(

exactly - I get so upset when the innocent have to pay the price of greed & ignorance " LOOK - I OWN A CHAMELEON" ( but I NEVER even bothered to see how to take care of it :mad::mad::mad: ) I will never turn one down- or anything that needs help, but I get so frustrated - how can they not see it getting that sick? its just so sad to see their little eyes looking around, and not understand why their legs wont work, and you can see they are scared - just so sad, but I tell EVERYONE about the forum - and to go here BEFORE they get a cham - so I hope many people will, and learn - this is by far the BEST forum in the world :)

So sad, it just hurts my heart so when these little sick ones die, I know you did everything possible for him and you must be hurting also....is there anything you could do to get them to get those poor sick babies to you sooner?

no, not really - alot come by word of mouth to me- or the vet, or the humane society - and its nice, because they do help me out with vet cost- ( not always, but sometimes) I never get a cent for doing this- its all out of my pocket, and my time- but I dont do it for $ - and I have had people bring me kittens who have had no food for days, covered in maggots - and then have the nerve to tell me " thank you for doing this FOR ME, I will take them back when you are done" - I am quick to tell them I certainly am not doing it FOR THEM , but for the animal, and IF you leave it w/ me- you will not get it back - but there are others who find critters abandoned , and bring them right away, and want to adopt them - and even offer to pay something - I never take their $, I tell them to donate what ever they want to the shelters - those I happily let them adopt , so its not all bad- those are the ones who keep me going :)

Back
Top Bottom