Yet another lighting question

Sast

Hi guys,

apologies for yet another lighting question.

I'm in the process of setting up my viv for a panther chameleon and i'm at the stage where I need a canopy and some lighting.

I have a zoo med deep dome which I will use for a basking light. But I'm looking at the exo terra dual canopy and the arcadia t5 canopy.

Both have 2 slots for UV lights, will I need 2 linear bulbs for this? or will 1 suffice?

The viv is 45x45x60 with a mesh top (exo terra)

Next question, which bulbs will I need? 10.0?

I read so much stuff that i end up confused and with conflicting info.

I'm not familiar with the Exo Terra fixture but if I had to guess it is really expensive as all Exo Terra items are.

What I use and recommend to everyone is the Tropical Blaze HO T5 fixtures. I would get either the double or quad fixture for your setup. If you go with the double, it would come with (1) 6% Arcadia UVB bulb and (1) 6.5k Daylight Bulb. The quad would have (3) 6.5k Daylight bulbs. Those will provide you with some of the best artificial lighting possible.

Hope this helps.

The best thing to do is have a two lamp fixture, be it T8 or T5/T5HO you should have UVB lamp and a 6500Kelvin lamp.

For taller cages I like to use the ZooMed 10.0. As for the other brands, Arcadia 6% should be good if it's T5HO since it's so much light.

Excellent thanks.

Finding a fixture that isn't massively expensive is proving to be difficult.

Not even anything on ebay :/

Apologies for the triple post...

I'm pulling my hair out here, lighting is proving to be the biggest headache for me at the moment.

I now have a dual canopy 45cm from Exo terra & a deep dome from zoo med.

I plan on using a household bulb in the deep dome for the basking light but which tubes do i need for the x2 fixtures in the canopy?

I'm looking at arcadia but i cannot find any that will fit (all too long)
Exo terra do one which I could use...which leads me onto my next question. Will 1x reptiglow 5.0 be sufficient?

Next question, i'm trying to find a grow lamp / 6500k daylight bulb that will fit but I cannot find one small enough anywhere on the market. Will live plants not grow from the UV light & basking light? I have a ficus plant which I will be using.

So I have 1 extra fixture with no idea what to put there.

a reptiglow 2.0 to go alongiside my 5.0, a grow light (if I can find one) or nothing at all?

Somebody please save me from the madness that's going on in my head!

Back
Top Bottom