yet another baby vieled :)

mightyzug

just testing out my cameras capability... not too bad eh

day 1 just got him

Attachments

• DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 181
yea thats not good if hes sleeping during the day, an early sign that something is wrong. keep an eye on your little guy to make sure that nothing is wrong

he just had his eyes closed at me coz of the camera invading his space, he was definately awake when i took it

he just had his eyes closed at me coz of the camera invading his space, he was definately awake when i took it

Yeah, they sometimes close their eyes when they're stressed - especially when they're babies (go look at chams kept in large groups or inadequate housing in dodgy pet stores if you want to see what I mean).

Something that might help your cham stress less, even when you're invading his space, is by having more foliage to hide in, like I suggested in your other thread. That spot where he was sitting in the photo is very bare.

thanks, i am about to move to a new apt but i will check the list for my houseplants and see if anything i have will be ok for him, otherwise it will be back to the pet shop

actually i noticed i have a pothos plant that has been here for well over 6 months, but the medium needs changed and it hasnt been washed, also it is really big. should i take a smaller cutting off my plant to place inside the enclosure or should i just place my large hanging plant nearby / draping over the side so he can feel like he is hidden?

Last edited:
I think taking a smaller cutting and placing it inside the enclosure would be better.

The problem with draping the plant outside the cage is that it might confuse the cham when he tries to get to the vine, but can't get through the bars of the cage.
Sometimes the same frustration is caused to the cham by having pot plants outside the cage within sight of the cham. They want to get to the other 'tree' to explore it for food/mates but can't get out the cage. This is often a cause of 'pacing' inside the cage.

Back
Top Bottom