Yes!!!

just scored a new home for my cham for $40 bucks.

Stay tuned for the build....... (y)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 250
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 250
I started on the build got the doors off and the old back board. Getting ready to sand it all and prep for water proofing.

Any ideas on how to make a drainage system for the bottom it's 36"Lx19.5"D? Been searching and have found nothing I really like. The base is solid wood.

I started on the build got the doors off and the old back board. Getting ready to sand it all and prep for water proofing.

Any ideas on how to make a drainage system for the bottom it's 36"Lx19.5"D? Been searching and have found nothing I really like. The base is solid wood.
Replace it with a shower or drainage pan.
This would be my first purchase and I would build/design around it

I would slope the floor toward one side into a down pipe and drain excess water into a 5 gallon bucket below. You can build a false floor and caulk it, use plastic, get custom trey built by Bill at dragonstrand... Lots of options.

If it were me I would go buy a sheet of the plastic paneling you see in public bath rooms. Line the whole interior with it caulking the seams. I think I paid about $27.00 for a 4'-8' sheet at Lowes when I made my enclosure. Like @guanagator said you would want to alter the floor with a slant to drain any pooling water if your not going to use a substreight.

You could mix up epoxy or other waterproof material then sculpt it when it start to solidify into a pitch toward center or corner
Use a pvc plumbing fitting in place to work around so you don't need to drill

Another thing you can do

Get the rubber lining they use for tile shower basins. You can then staple it to the sides creating a pitch I the center.

Got some work done on it tonight. Work has been kicking my butt. Figured out a drainage system too during the tear down. Gonna use the light diffuser as the floor with aluminum screen. And place a rubber maid bin with a funnel into a bucket. Still need to cut sides, waterproof, build foam background stay tuned updates as I go.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 167
For water proofing you could use outdoor polyvarathane. It's what is put on snowshoes. It's pretty tough and looks nice. To get the best seal sand with a medium gritt paper. If you use to fine of a paper it seals the grain shut and won't soak up the sealant. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Back
Top Bottom