Yemen + snake?

I have a 5 foot gopher snake that I just moved into my room so my new chameleon would not be able to see him. I thought about leaving him in the same room, but most animals are born with a fear of snakes, people too-its helped us stay alive by running away from the venomous ones.

Plus my gopher is a bright yellow which goes with the whole weird colors = upset chameleon maybe he wont like yellow. The snake is hidden most of the time ayway between one of his two hides, Its very rare I see him out unless hes hungry. I agree to just keep them seperate or put a visual block up. Here is a picture of the gopher.

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 86
Nice Gopher! Cute little head on him.

my gopher is a bright yellow which goes with the whole weird colors = upset chameleon maybe he wont like yellow.

I think the relationship between chams and color is poorly understood when its not another cham. Would love to read the results of a specific study on this.

This is just my opinion but I think they see bright colors as threats, like most brightly colored insects = poisonus and some other animals carry color as a warning to predators as well.

This is just my opinion but I think they see bright colors as threats, like most brightly colored insects = poisonus and some other animals carry color as a warning to predators as well.

Yes Id agree with that, from a biological POV it makes perfect sense. Not sure about non moving inanimate objects (color) though, herein lies my intrest. Id guess movement makes the difference.

How do panthers / ambilobes cope? Density of animals per given area must be quite low so that lone animals dont constantly encounter another, must also be a complex color/signal code that each species must instinctively recognise.

Arnt chams awesome!

Well I got my snake yesterday but it's a Ghost Corn so it's not colourful so that might help. I'll post in other reptiles section on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom