Yellow Veiled Female

melric

Avid Member
So it's been a couple months since I've had her and just wanted to post some new pics. She's a mean little girl, probably the meanest Cham I've owned.:eek:
It seems like she may develop a lot of color with all those spots...

Attachments

• photo 1(9).jpg
    photo 1(9).jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 267
  • photo 2(9).jpg
    photo 2(9).jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 238
  • photo 3(4).jpg
    photo 3(4).jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 261
Thanks guys, she is 4 months old now. Awe I was hoping spots meant something. My older female never showed any of this.

All those dark spots do mean something. Stress. You are looking at juvenile stress coloration.

What else can she see from her enclosure?

Yeah, I specifically took the pics with the dark rather than not to show. But she gets like that when I put my hand in her cage. She can't see anything where I have her. She faces my blinds. These pics are after she has hissed and lunged at me, lol.

Just an update on this lady. I'll have to say she has become a little portly, lol. I'm gonna start cutting back on her feedings to every other day. Her attitude has actually changed a lot. I started to hand feed her and she is more welcoming to my hand now. I'll reach in and she will climb right on. I know chams don't like people, but I think she is fond of me. I tested her and she always climbs on my hand versus someone else's. And she wouldn't climb back onto their hand. I think that's pretty cool. I'll follow up with some pics. She is starting to develop some blue.

Very cool Mel! I have a cham that loves hangin with me, he would rather be sitting on my shoulder or head than inhis cage! I ALSO HAVE THE MEANEST CHAM ALIVE WHO IS THE OFFSPRING OF SATAN HIMSELF! I am glad she has warmed up to you, and she is very pretty! :)

Aaaw she is totally stunning :D Great that you are now able to hand feed her too - it is such an amazing feeling when they finally take food from you. :D

When Gizzy gets those spots it usually means she is furious with me, lol. :eek:

Amy used to look like that! Those spots are so familiar, lol! She doesn't 'spot up' so much now, usually only when I mist her and she can't be bothered to run away! Amy got her colours come through over the space of a week when she was 6 months old and that was when I started cutting back with her food too.

Very cute Chameleon, what did you call her? I'm glad she's rewarding your patience and coming toward your hand. I got mine at 8 months old and its a longer process I guess, because the shop owners didn't handle them so she's just not used to it. She IS starting to associate me with food now though and doesn't run away all the time so I figure slowly, slowly, catchee monkey (or something like that :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom