Yellow patch on my chameleon need help!

Kaitocv02

My veiled piebald chameleon is in shed and I noticed that there are yellow patches on his skin. This is my first chameleon and he is 11 months old and I have never seen this before. I've read this might possibly be fungus or a bacterial infection. I will be taking him to the vet to make sure but I just want to know if anyone who is more of an expert can help me out here?

20220111_183711.jpg

Could be a burn as well. What are your temps at basking? How far away is the fixture from the branch and what wattage and type of heat bulb are you using?

Could be a burn as well. What are your temps at basking? How far away is the fixture from the branch and what wattage and type of heat bulb are you using?
At basking the temps are at 94°F and the branch is maybe 7 inches away from the lamp.its a 75W bulb as well.maybe the branch is to close?but if it was a burn wouldn't it start on the spine rather than the side of the belly?

At basking the temps are at 94°F and the branch is maybe 7 inches away from the lamp.its a 75W bulb as well.maybe the branch is to close?but if it was a burn wouldn't it start on the spine rather than the side of the belly?
WAYYYYYYY too hot... Max the very max would be 85. Most of us keep our males in a range of 80-85 at basking. And we lift the lamps up off the top. For example I run a 60 watt regular bulb and I have 11 inches from the bottom of the fixture to the branch.

Burns on the side because that is the way he was basking. You need to correct temps and distance and see a vet. He needs Silversulfadiazine cream for a burn to heal properly.

Start reading through everything here to learn correct husbandry https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Back
Top Bottom