Yellow Giant Parson’s babies

Action Jackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Well my babies hare hitting the 6 month mark and continue to do great! It’s been a great clutch with all babies making good weight gains. These babies hatched over a 5 week period so there is a range of sizes at this point with the biggest coming in at 75g this week.

I weigh them weekly and it has been beneficial in identifying when things may need to be addressed for instance, I was noticing a slowing of weight gains during the very low humidity period we’ve been having the past few weeks. When I noticed this I figured that the slowing of weight gains could be tied to the low humidity so I increased mistings which really seems to help.

Most of the babies have gone to new homes or are waiting for the weather back East to improve before being shipped out. I do have about a handful or so left of anyone is interested.

I’m looking forward to hatching an unrelated clutch of Yellow Giants later this summer and have several more clutches of OE Parson‘s that should hatch through 2023.

1A7D79F6-F5B4-4E7F-BBF2-B42AD3E82F03.jpeg
2F9EB09B-7E9C-4F0E-BA8A-DCEE5B643ECF.jpeg
34E6EFA0-14A5-46E6-A1C4-B3620EA1619F.jpeg
69A25661-0A2B-454C-9AE1-B849DEF79D3C.jpeg
49B13CA1-469A-44E9-82B0-10253378AAAD.jpeg
D3F0F889-319D-4F1B-A562-C1AC44D6290A.jpeg
779EEF0E-9875-48DC-A39D-1DED4C52780C.jpeg
21697519-F155-4D38-A920-6D3A040D903B.jpeg
5EC537D5-2F8D-4091-A89C-12F2F53EF44B.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing so many beautiful pictures. It seems the parsons is making a HUGE come-back into the hobby as a few members have them now (maybe I am just a slow observer). :unsure:
Proof what hard work can do. Thanks again!
I think there are more Parson’s in captivity in the US right now than anytime in the last 20 years or so. There still are only 2-4 people having differing degrees of success with hatching and raising them though. There are also quite a few people sitting on clutches of eggs from WC Parson’s and I expect that will continue as more WC Parson’s come into the US.

Amazing! Just curious is it easier to determine the sex of certain morphs/locales over others? For example can you determine sex of a YG quicker than YL, vice versa?

Amazing! Just curious is it easier to determine the sex of certain morphs/locales over others? For example can you determine sex of a YG quicker than YL, vice versa?
I think OE are the usually the easiest and YL’s are the hardest. These YG’s are new to me and I’m not sure yet with these. I have one that I’ve thought was a male for months and is now turning green but….. some YG males are actually pretty green like this one. This was actually sold to me as a Green Giant but I’m 99% sure it’s a YG.
A55AF392-22BC-4EEF-A8B4-0E31BA517F85.jpeg

I'm certain I'll get a parson's from you one of these days. I just kick myself everytime I see these posts...but I just got to be patient for a little while longer. 😅 Hopefully you aren't going anywhere anytime soon! They take the exact same weather conditions as F. willsii, it's like a match made in heaven

Beautiful! Hard to believe how big they will get.
You've done a Primo job at breeding, hatching and raising Parsons!😁 Is there any flavor you haven't tried?
Thanks Tylene! I haven’t done Green Giants yet. I was really hoping to have a chance but it’s looking like it’s not going to happen.

Well my babies hare hitting the 6 month mark and continue to do great! It’s been a great clutch with all babies making good weight gains. These babies hatched over a 5 week period so there is a range of sizes at this point with the biggest coming in at 75g this week.

I weigh them weekly and it has been beneficial in identifying when things may need to be addressed for instance, I was noticing a slowing of weight gains during the very low humidity period we’ve been having the past few weeks. When I noticed this I figured that the slowing of weight gains could be tied to the low humidity so I increased mistings which really seems to help.

Most of the babies have gone to new homes or are waiting for the weather back East to improve before being shipped out. I do have about a handful or so left of anyone is interested.

I’m looking forward to hatching an unrelated clutch of Yellow Giants later this summer and have several more clutches of OE Parson‘s that should hatch through 2023.

View attachment 320430View attachment 320431View attachment 320432View attachment 320433View attachment 320434View attachment 320435View attachment 320436View attachment 320437View attachment 320438
gorgeous . If youre in the US I'd be seriously interested

Back
Top Bottom