Yellow around mouth..start of mouth rot?

Hey guys, so I've noticed Rens mouth becoming a little yellow around the sides of his mouth, but his mom's dad had yellow around his mouth so I've been thinking it's just his genetics cause it looks kinda like how some Nosey's have yellow mouths. But he's finishing a shed today and the dead skin that came off his mouth is yellow whereas it's usually white. BUT from all of the pictures i've seen of mouth rot, it does not look the same..I'm a little worried because he has had a decrease in appetite lately as well. I've got a pic of the shed if that'll help

Heres a photo of Moe showing off his yellow mouth :)

NX1000

If you post a photo we can check for you, but most likely is the yellow mouth of a be coming through.

My be has the yellow sides as well.

Oh I see what you are talking about now. Early indications of stomatitis will be a discolored gum line and brownish yellow stuff around the base of the teeth and gums.

Muffins gets the yellow on and off when he changes too. The decrease in appetite can be so many things.. including that annoying hunger strike just because he wants to make you nervous. Lol. I have had 2 different hunger strikes with my male when I introduced silks. He only wants those buggers! Hehe! More pics! :p

Yeah but the thing bothering me is that now his mouth is not as yellow as it used to be before shed..

and has anyone ever seen this before..I'd think the only way the shed would be yellow would be from something like mouth rot.. how else could it turn yellow.

Attachments

• renshed.jpg
    renshed.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 183
Yeah but the thing bothering me is that now his mouth is not as yellow as it used to be before shed..

My little doods doesn't stay yellow all the time yet either. I see it when he's at his brightest usually.

deadhd5, when did your little man start keeping his yellow?

and has anyone ever seen this before..I'd think the only way the shed would be yellow would be from something like mouth rot.. how else could it turn yellow.

It takes some time for the mouth to stay yellow, if your guy is young, its totally normal.
and that yellow part of his skin, could just be dirt and stuff from him eating.

and sometimes the shed skin isn't always white. its not a big deal.

My little doods doesn't stay yellow all the time yet either. I see it when he's at his brightest usually.

I got him at 8 months old and his mouth was slightly less yellow. I think it is related to developing adult colors and the amount of green (blue + yellow = green). Moe has developed yellow "blush" on his cheeks at the same time as his mouth became more yellow and he developed more green on his body, mixed in with the blue. The Nosy Be's with white mouths seem to be the ones that are blue with more prominent black bars, whereas Moe is the type of Nosy be without much black at all in his bars, but with more green in his body.

I got him at 8 months old and his mouth was slightly less yellow. I think it is related to developing adult colors and the amount of green (blue + yellow = green). Moe has developed yellow "blush" on his cheeks at the same time as his mouth became more yellow and he developed more green on his body, mixed in with the blue. The Nosy Be's with white mouths seem to be the ones that are blue with more prominent black bars, whereas Moe is the type of Nosy be without much black at all in his bars, but with more green in his body.

Sweet, thank you. He's just beautiful! Love the yellow mouth! :D

Yeah but has it ever came off in a shed?

I've been trying to get him to gape at me but it's proving to be a challenge right now.
I hope it's nothing serious and that you're right camimom :/

Dead, Moe's gorgeous and boy he's got one yellow mouth! haha I think I've only seen the yellow around the outsides of the mouth I didnt know the insides of their lips/gum could be yellow too

Another thing that keeps me positive is that Mmminyard has one of Rens brothers and he's showing the same type of yellow around the mouth as Ren so I just hope its those genetics!

Can you post a picture? It could be skin coloration or it could be temporal gland discharge building up (which is normal). But it's hard to tell which part you're talking about without a picture.

Oscar showing off yellow pigmentation inside the mouth:
2b3eb784af291be1900b36924404f8fb_zps8557ce5c.jpg

Thanks for replying ferret, I'm still trying to get a picture but he's not cooperating, if you go to Mmm's thread: https://www.chameleonforums.com/frisco-hanging-bushes-114186/, that's rens brother and that's exactly how the yellow looked on him and it's the same exact area, no more than that. And inside his mouth is not yellow like the picture you posted if anything there may be a little bit of yellow on the left and right sides where the lips meet.

Back
Top Bottom