Yay! First time feeding from hand.

thats awesome. congrats! my male veiled is to mean to even put my hand in his cage... he snaps at me and hisses. what kind of chameleon is yours?

how were you holding the cricket? and was it in or out of the cage. I tried it with my panther today and he just kinda looked at it and was like ok

The first time my boy did it I was hiding my hand behind a leaf. I also used a cut chopstick that held the cricket in it and every day I moved my hand a little closer to the cricket and eventually he got used to my hand being near his food.

oh ok yeah i was like pinching the crickets leg but i was not sure what to do if he actually tried to get it with his tounge. Do you just let go or do they get it from you on their own.

I just get a really jumpy cricket and hold it by one leg. My cham eyes it for a while, then he takes a shot at it. The trick is to be extremely still. Sometimes, if I look at him, he'll stare back at me and not move.

all i ment was like im pretty sure my grip on the cricket is stronger than his tounge so i didnt know if he was gonna like snatch it out my hand lol

all i ment was like im pretty sure my grip on the cricket is stronger than his tounge so i didnt know if he was gonna like snatch it out my hand lol

Cassius is strong enough to grab from my hand. I've tried letting go, but I seem to time it wrong so sometimes I drop the cricket and he misses, which makes me feel bad. But if you are really good at reading the striking time, go for it.

Cassius is strong enough to grab from my hand. I've tried letting go, but I seem to time it wrong so sometimes I drop the cricket and he misses, which makes me feel bad. But if you are really good at reading the striking time, go for it.

Yea it takes a little to get used to. I took me like a week of off and on hand feeding to get used to it. I switched to worms cause they cant get away so its easier to hand feed.

My new thing is air feeding. I will hold a bug in my hand, and wave it back and forth, then toss it up, and he shoots it out of the air. Its a hit or miss.

Pablo ONLY eats from my hand! he refuses to eat from the feeding cup.

At first I was worried about bad habits but this way we get to bond and I get to see exactly how much he eats and the bugs can never escape so I don't mind his habit.

It's the best feeling when they first take food from you! It was all I could do to stand still and keep quiet when Amy took her first feeder from me, lol!:D I always hand feed locusts and cup feed crix & supers. Silkworms and the occasional waxworm and butterworms are hand fed also.

It's the best feeling when they first take food from you! It was all I could do to stand still and keep quiet when Amy took her first feeder from me, lol!:D I always hand feed locusts and cup feed crix & supers. Silkworms and the occasional waxworm and butterworms are hand fed also.

i know exactly how u feel lol.:D

thats awesome. congrats! my male veiled is to mean to even put my hand in his cage... he snaps at me and hisses. what kind of chameleon is yours?

hes a vieled but hes a youngster maybe thats why hes not oober crabby. he hissed when i tried feeding him a worm yesterday cuz it was too big. i ripped in half (a little morbid haha) then he went to town.:)

how were you holding the cricket? and was it in or out of the cage. I tried it with my panther today and he just kinda looked at it and was like ok

i actually took off the crickets jumpers so he wouldnt hop...obviously only do that if u dont have a problem with bugs lol. then i put my hand in a fist and put the cricket on the flat surface on top. i go right up to him and he just eats away. :D

Yea it takes a little to get used to. I took me like a week of off and on hand feeding to get used to it. I switched to worms cause they cant get away so its easier to hand feed.

My new thing is air feeding. I will hold a bug in my hand, and wave it back and forth, then toss it up, and he shoots it out of the air. Its a hit or miss.

thats so awesome!!! def gonna try that one.

Pablo ONLY eats from my hand! he refuses to eat from the feeding cup.

At first I was worried about bad habits but this way we get to bond and I get to see exactly how much he eats and the bugs can never escape so I don't mind his habit.

yeah i agree. im thinking feeding kiwi from my hand all the time will be great :)

We hand feed Tilly often. She's great =D Sometimes she wont eat fruit and veg from her dish but she will eat it from your hand. Strange.

yea it takes a little to get used to. I took me like a week of off and on hand feeding to get used to it. I switched to worms cause they cant get away so its easier to hand feed.

hahahaha jks

Nice one ! It really is a special feeling when they trust you enough to take food from you. I was excited when Gizzy first did this and several months later the novelty hasn`t worn of it`s just great. :D

Back
Top Bottom