X-Ray of Veiled with fully developed clutch

Calypso

This is Calypso, my first chameleon. She is about 2 years here with estimated 20+ fully developed eggs.

Attachments

• calypso1.jpg
    calypso1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 195
  • calypso.jpg
    calypso.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 234
Oh wow, thanks for sharing. Congrats, Looks like more than 20. When do you expect her to lay?

From Houston, go to LSU.

Unfortunately, this was taken right before she passed. She dug her laying dens several times, but was unable to lay due to torsion of her oviduct. I thought I might post this on the clinic page as well. You can see from her X-ray that overall health and appearance of herself as well as the eggs is normal. Doctor said this thing is almost impossible to catch, and it was possibly from unseen complications in her previous clutch.

From Houston, go to LSU.

Unfortunately, this was taken right before she passed. She dug her laying dens several times, but was unable to lay due to torsion of her oviduct. I thought I might post this on the clinic page as well. You can see from her X-ray that overall health and appearance of herself as well as the eggs is normal. Doctor said this thing is almost impossible to catch, and it was possibly from unseen complications in her previous clutch.

Sorry to hear that!

Oh yeah tons. She's still my avatar. I've posted various pics. I would like to make a folder, but you can only post pics once.

Sorry to hear about her passing:(...she was a pretty cham and thank you for sharing that x-ray picture of her. That helps give insight into what female chams must feel like having all those little eggs squished inside them.

I could only imagine. I thought it was a pretty cool pic and had to share it with everyone. I was definitely the first time I saw anything like it.

Could you imagine hauling all those guys around?! I mean, I know how bad a run on a Chinese buffet can make me feel.

Cool pictures! Sorry to hear she passed away:(
It's all close to home.. thankfully my girl made it. She had a surgery though

Yeah, we were thinking about trying the surgery. She went straight downhill over the next few days after this to where the prognosis was too poor to go forward. She was a great first Cham though, and taught me sooo much.

Back
Top Bottom