Wye is my veild so small

ok so the cage is a 16 by 16 by 30 and it is a uvb coil but I have a red heat bulb 150 watt and a special light that is for plants and gives of uvb the heat bulb is on all the time so what kind of light would you recommend and I have a male in there but I will be separating them I know it's bad but that's how they were rehomed they love the lettuce but what can I feed them than also I spray there cage often 4 times a day and have a dripper but the temp is measured with a digital thermometer and I feed my crickets with lettuce apples carrots broccoli. And I pretty much dust them with reptivite every time but not calcium I give them crickets every day. I hope that covers everything I'm trying to learn more so I can give them the best life possible
Hey bud, there are several things that could be improved in your setup. I’m happy to help you here, and try to work with you and your means. If you’d like some one on one, please pm me.

Here we go....First of all ASAP they should be separated. One or the other is likely to become ill and likely die if you keep them both together.

Feeding...it's important to feed them a variety of insects that you have taken good care of...so you need to know how to feed/gutload the insects. It's important to feed them early enough in the day that they can use the warm daytime temperatures to aid in their digestion. It's important to dust the insects just before feeding them to the chameleon. You can feed you chameleons crickets, roaches, locusts, silkworms, BSFL, hornworms, etc and once in a while superworms and waxworms. At this age they can be fed every two or three days.

Males can be fed enough that they don't get fat. With females you need to be careful not to over feed them. They will make huge clutches of eggs and develop health issues if you do and likely die eggbound.

Supplements...I use RepCal phosphorous free calcium powder dusted on the insects lighhtly at almost every feeding. Twice a month I use RepCal phos free calcium/D3 powder lightly instead of the calcium powder and twice a month I use Herptivite lightly instead of the calcium. You have to be very careful with D3 and vitamin A from sources other than beta carotene....because they can lead to overdoses and health issues.

Feeding/gutloading insects...you can feed/gutload crickets, locusts, superworms, roaches with dandelion greens, endive, escarole, kale, collards, turnip greens, carrots, sweet potatoes, sweet red peppers, zucchini, squash, and a VERY LITTLE BIT of fruit such as berries, pears, apples, melons. Other insects need their proper foods too.

Watering...you can mist the cages during the day and run a dripper. The dripper can be a deli cup with a tiny hole in the bottom of it so it drips at the rate of one or two drips per second. You can hand mist with a plant mister or set up a misting system that you can buy.

Lighting...I recommend that you use a reptisun 5.0 long linear tube light. For basking I use a regular household incandescent bulb of a wattage that gives you the right basking temperature in the cage. All lights should be on the lid of the cage. No light should be on at night.

Plants should all be real with veiled chameleons since they will likely chew on the leaves. Make sure they are nontoxic and well washed...both sides of the leaves.

Temperature...the basking temperature for the female should be in the low 80'sF and the males in the mid 80's.

Since you are still in school...you may want to let your parents read this too so they can help you with it.

I'm sure I've missed things but hopefully others will chime in here.

Here we go....First of all ASAP they should be separated. One or the other is likely to become ill and likely die if you keep them both together.

Feeding...it's important to feed them a variety of insects that you have taken good care of...so you need to know how to feed/gutload the insects. It's important to feed them early enough in the day that they can use the warm daytime temperatures to aid in their digestion. It's important to dust the insects just before feeding them to the chameleon. You can feed you chameleons crickets, roaches, locusts, silkworms, BSFL, hornworms, etc and once in a while superworms and waxworms. At this age they can be fed every two or three days.

Males can be fed enough that they don't get fat. With females you need to be careful not to over feed them. They will make huge clutches of eggs and develop health issues if you do and likely die eggbound.

Supplements...I use RepCal phosphorous free calcium powder dusted on the insects lighhtly at almost every feeding. Twice a month I use RepCal phos free calcium/D3 powder lightly instead of the calcium powder and twice a month I use Herptivite lightly instead of the calcium. You have to be very careful with D3 and vitamin A from sources other than beta carotene....because they can lead to overdoses and health issues.

Feeding/gutloading insects...you can feed/gutload crickets, locusts, superworms, roaches with dandelion greens, endive, escarole, kale, collards, turnip greens, carrots, sweet potatoes, sweet red peppers, zucchini, squash, and a VERY LITTLE BIT of fruit such as berries, pears, apples, melons. Other insects need their proper foods too.

Watering...you can mist the cages during the day and run a dripper. The dripper can be a deli cup with a tiny hole in the bottom of it so it drips at the rate of one or two drips per second. You can hand mist with a plant mister or set up a misting system that you can buy.

Lighting...I recommend that you use a reptisun 5.0 long linear tube light. For basking I use a regular household incandescent bulb of a wattage that gives you the right basking temperature in the cage. All lights should be on the lid of the cage. No light should be on at night.

Plants should all be real with veiled chameleons since they will likely chew on the leaves. Make sure they are nontoxic and well washed...both sides of the leaves.

Temperature...the basking temperature for the female should be in the low 80'sF and the males in the mid 80's.

Since you are still in school...you may want to let your parents read this too so they can help you with it.

I'm sure I've missed things but hopefully others will chime in here.
This is a great post to read with your folks.

Back
Top Bottom