WTF Is this snake it was in my rat rack in the garage

Texas Ranger

Avid Member
Title says it all. I found this snake in with my breeder rats and one of the mamas was fighting with it and chewing on its neck.
SnakeIfound010.jpg

SnakeIfound002.jpg

not an expert, but it looks like a rat snake of some sort. i wanted to say some type of fox or water snake, but the head seems too long too be one. again im not expert just taking a guess.
was the snake dead at the point that you found it?

it sure was a pretty fella at one point :(

not an expert, but it looks like a rat snake of some sort. i wanted to say some type of fox or water snake, but the head seems too long too be one. again im not expert just taking a guess.
was the snake dead at the point that you found it?

it sure was a pretty fella at one point :(

Yeah the moma rat I heard making a lot of noise and then it just stoped I looked and she had bent the snake in half and was beating it on the tub she was inn

I feed them both ways some just dont like them not moving. Its sad to watch a little rat get killed I think I am starting to like the rats more then my snakes:rolleyes:

I feed them both ways some just dont like them not moving. Its sad to watch a little rat get killed I think I am starting to like the rats more then my snakes:rolleyes:

I loved my pet rats. They used to sit in my lap and sleep when I played video games. Super sweet little things.

yaaa tht def looks like some type of ratsnake. but ive always fed my snakes live mice and rats. i usually smack the rodent over a table before i throw it in so it can't fight back. although convenient, i wouldn't want to have a whole bunch of frozen rats in my freezer lol, not to mention that freezing it would destroy some vitamins and minerals within in

I loved my pet rats. They used to sit in my lap and sleep when I played video games. Super sweet little things.
They do seem very smart:D
yaaa tht def looks like some type of ratsnake. but ive always fed my snakes live mice and rats. i usually smack the rodent over a table before i throw it in so it can't fight back. although convenient, i wouldn't want to have a whole bunch of frozen rats in my freezer lol, not to mention that freezing it would destroy some vitamins and minerals within in
Yeah they have there own little freezer and I wont feed them if they are more than 3 months old so I get all I can out of them.I think after that its just a freezer burnt rat:rolleyes:
Hey, you have one mean rat mom there!

She is and now it looks like she is giving birth or getting ready too:eek:

Being in TX, it's probably a juvenile TX Rat ..but it looks just like some juvenile Black Rats, too. It was just hungry and thought it hit the biggest buffet in history! :D

I raise rats for my smaller/younger snakes, on occasion ...and I have a pet rat named, Ducati. She's a riot! She's super smart ..even clicker trained.. and she will do her best "cell soldier" routine on my big female Burm, when she gets too close to her cage. (My big girl eats bunnies, now. I don't even think she gets a feed response with rats anymore.)

That's why I couldn't have a snake - I love the cute furry things they eat too much! I could never feed a pet with something else that I would also keep as a pet. I always tell my cat: 'You don't eat family!' :D

Well, its kinda hard to ID for sure from the pictures. It is most likely a Texas Rat Snake (Elaphe obsoleta lindheimeri).

corn snake aka "rat snake" are native to North America mainly the east cost from new jersey to florida and as far west as texas they are one of the most commonly bread snake for pets because of their demenor and hardy nature they also come in hundreds of color and patterns which people love

I like the huge boas and the albino (like COMPLETELY albino, and red eyed) snakes. At the reptile show since it was 80% snakes, 1 chameleon, and a few geckos, I held a snake that was about a foot thick, 4-5 feet long, it was soft!

That is crazy, You mean it mysteriously just showed up and got into the rat cage all on it's own? It looks like the rats put a hurting on it and it looks like a corn snake. A friend of mine gave me a free corn snake this weekend at our local herp show.

I had a grey rat snake once, it looks exactly the same........but a young black rat snake looks the same.....and I don't know what a texas rat snake looks like.....it's a rat snake though.....

That's why I couldn't have a snake - I love the cute furry things they eat too much! I could never feed a pet with something else that I would also keep as a pet. I always tell my cat: 'You don't eat family!' :D
I know its hard some times but it has to be done:(
corn snake aka "rat snake" are native to North America mainly the east cost from new jersey to florida and as far west as texas they are one of the most commonly bread snake for pets because of their demenor and hardy nature they also come in hundreds of color and patterns which people love
Thank you very much that is what it was I was freaked out at first thinking it was a baby rattler:rolleyes:

That is crazy, You mean it mysteriously just showed up and got into the rat cage all on it's own? It looks like the rats put a hurting on it and it looks like a corn snake. A friend of mine gave me a free corn snake this weekend at our local herp show.
Yeah it just showed up out of no were:confused: That is one bad moma rat. she has 9 little babies now right after getting in a fight:eek:
I had a grey rat snake once, it looks exactly the same........but a young black rat snake looks the same.....and I don't know what a texas rat snake looks like.....it's a rat snake though.....

Thanks I am glad.

Back
Top Bottom