Wow! Parasites!

But would said thing survive chewing, or an animals gut? In theory it might be staying in mr bug so something big and warm eats it...

Part of the worms life cycle needs water. So they hijack grasshopper brains and turn them into body of water seeking zombies. So if you ever see a large insect drown in a pool or pond, these guys might be around.

excuse me while I got have nightmares :eek:

that was beyond gross. lord have mercy. Tell me that is not a common parasite!

Its likely a hairworm. They are REALLY disgusting (biologically) that they can even infest the brain.

Part of the worms life cycle needs water. So they hijack grasshopper brains and turn them into body of water seeking zombies. So if you ever see a large insect drown in a pool or pond, these guys might be around.

I am not easily grossed out, but that grossed me out. I would NOT want that thing to touch me. PERIOD

It's safe to say wild caught bugs are now off the menu (not that they were ever on it). I hope he killed what ever that thing was too. :eek:

Is this even legit?? I mean, who carries around a camera to record killing a mantis? And why did he kill the mantis?!? Jerkface!

Is this even legit?? I mean, who carries around a camera to record killing a mantis? And why did he kill the mantis?!? Jerkface!

I agree- who would want to kill a mantis - but for the worm, once I stepped on a big black cricket on the sidewalk- it had one of these in it - the worm was SO huge and nasty - but I did not have a camera - lol

I was thinking the same, who would want to spray bug killer on a mantis??!!
That alone was nearly as gross as the worm :eek:

Back
Top Bottom