Would you mind sharing pictures of your cham homes

In the talk of all the plants I did the best or I should say the plants that lived the longest with ficus plants, second was hibiscus, second to last umbrella--I think this plant was sick when I purchased it and I overwatered causing root rot and fungus nats to take over, and last one pothos broke the root ball apart and it went into shock. It is slowly bouncing back, wow and from just wanting to keep a chameleon--im learning about taking care of indoor plants and raising insects haha. Sorry, here is the cage I just finished for a male veiled, which is not here yet.

Attachments

• Chameleon Cage 013.jpg
    Chameleon Cage 013.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 146
Sandra, did you seal that wood so it doesn't get all weird when you mist? I like the idea of being able to hang things like the food dishes on the sides. Can't do that with screen.

chameleon76 is that rope you're using? if so, is it nylon? hemp? do they like it?

Looks like mountain climbing rope to me.

Many moons ago I used to free range Parsons using quite a bit of 11 mm climbing rope. Not very cost effective, but it looks great (IMHO) and holds up well in spite of moisture. I hung 8-10 swag hooks in the ceiling, and ran ropes between hanging plants and ficus. I called it the "technicolor spider web."

I am working on reproducing this sort of set up for my carpet chameleons (1.1) now, and can't wait to post some pics once it comes together.

chameleon76 is that rope you're using? if so, is it nylon? hemp? do they like it?

Hello
Actually it is romax. I have been using it for years. I feel the benifits to using it is worth the price and if you ask people you know, chances are someone has done some remodeling and has scrap layin around.

benifits

1) easy to clean, you can bleach them without worrying about bleach soaking into them

2) Surface is smooth ,less spaces for bacteria to hide

3) easily bends and straightens without gettin weak (lasts forever)!!

4) By twisting it as you hang it gives an infinante amount of diferent gripping diameters.

5) waterproof

I am sure there are more but cant think right now. The only dissadvantage i see is its not very naturalistic looking but gives it a real clean look, my chams have never complained! LOL:)

Also I have found white,gray,yellow but I imagine there is brown or black if you did some research.

Take care
Kevin

Sandra, did you seal that wood so it doesn't get all weird when you mist? I like the idea of being able to hang things like the food dishes on the sides. Can't do that with screen.

I used zero VOC latex acrylic on the wood. Depending on how much misting / water you are dealing with, you may want a different sealant. Depending how much scrubbing you do, you'll want to repaint periodically (I do so every couple of years by choice).

You're right - Having a sturdy wood frame, even if you use screen elsewhere, makes it possible to hang plants, attach branches, feeding cups etc with ease.

I put quite a few hooks and eye bolts in the corners(so they are out of sight). with solid wood frames and pvc sheeting in my cages. That idea is cool and would make for hangin things easy. Nice job:)
Kevin

Back
Top Bottom