Worried/scared

ShadowCry17

You know how frogs can push there eyes inward or pull them in most do to swallow food i just watched my chameleon do it not eat was sleeping woke up and then did that what is she doing she pulls her eyes in then rolls them around while they are closed

You know how frogs can push there eyes inward or pull them in most do to swallow food i just watched my chameleon do it not eat was sleeping woke up and then did that what is she doing she pulls her eyes in then rolls them around while they are closed

Is the your chameleon the same one as the picture in your avatar? The baby in the avatar looks really dehydrated. Can you post a picture of your baby?

They move their eyes in very bizarre ways to clean them. They need mist to clean their eyes.

First time I saw my little guy clean his eye i was scared something was wrong. I just finished misting his cage for the last time before lights out and he leaned his head against a droplet of water on a bare vine. He then started sucking the eye into his head and proceeded to do that a few more times on both sides. He then went on to drinking off the leaves.

Is the your chameleon the same one as the picture in your avatar? The baby in the avatar looks really dehydrated. Can you post a picture of your baby?

They move their eyes in very bizarre ways to clean them. They need mist to clean their eyes.
that was a day or two before her first shed in my possession she is hiding in leaves atm and doesnt like to be held often she calms down after two minutes of being held usual but i try not to go and bother her

i watched her rub her eye on a stem of the plant i have in there i wass really worried

Obviously something is bothering her eye and she is trying to fix it. Mist her for half an hour a few times a day. Most hand misters spray too large droplets so the animal usually won't sit in the mist. You want the mist so fine it is almost a fog. If you can't turn on an automatic mister for 10 or 15 minutes at a time many times a day for a day, put her on a plant in the shower and run the shower so the water hits the wall (NOT the chameleon) and let the fine mist that bounces off the wall surround her.

So many problems with chameleons would be solved if keepers would just spent the $130 for a MistKing. (I would spend a little extra than just the starter MistKing, adding extra nozzles, a shut off valve, extra tubing and a tube cutter.) Don't buy a cheap unit--they break when they run dry and believe me, you will run them dry many times. You can also buy a fogger, but a screen cage won't let the fog build up as well as one with solid sides.

This is the fogger I use. I put a tube down into the outlet to route it into the cage.
https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-U...=8-4&keywords=taotronics+cool+mist+humidifier

Obviously something is bothering her eye and she is trying to fix it. Mist her for half an hour a few times a day. Most hand misters spray too large droplets so the animal usually won't sit in the mist. You want the mist so fine it is almost a fog. If you can't turn on an automatic mister for 10 or 15 minutes at a time many times a day for a day, put her on a plant in the shower and run the shower so the water hits the wall (NOT the chameleon) and let the fine mist that bounces off the wall surround her.

So many problems with chameleons would be solved if keepers would just spent the $130 for a MistKing. (I would spend a little extra than just the starter MistKing, adding extra nozzles, a shut off valve, extra tubing and a tube cutter.) Don't buy a cheap unit--they break when they run dry and believe me, you will run them dry many times. You can also buy a fogger, but a screen cage won't let the fog build up as well as one with solid sides.

This is the fogger I use. I put a tube down into the outlet to route it into the cage.
https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-U...=8-4&keywords=taotronics+cool+mist+humidifier

Do you treat the water you put into the mist machine? Ours is being delivered today!

Mine does the same.

You really don't want a chameleons eyes to bother them so much that they actually rub them against anything other than the inside of their eyelids. They can damage their eyes rubbing on things, especially when they already have some foreign body in their eye. Remember, any opthamologist will advice against rubbing your own eye when you have something in it.

You really don't want a chameleons eyes to bother them so much that they actually rub them against anything other than the inside of their eyelids. They can damage their eyes rubbing on things, especially when they already have some foreign body in their eye. Remember, any opthamologist will advice against rubbing your own eye when you have something in it.
Mine only does it when it's close to shed time.

Won't the chlorine in the water from the shower hurt her ?

Also she closes her eyes when I mist her does it still help?
Help her clean her eyes I know listing is good I have a hand held water bottle mister I must her whole enclosure for five minutes every hour to two and lightly mist her for three and use clean cue tips to absorb water droplets off her nose she also hasn't opened her eyes for longer then usual she's responsive I referred to the page and have decided to stop using her red heat lamp at night because it could disrupt her sleeping schedule my room is two rooms with a wooden door between them I have an air heater in the other room across from her to keep both room warm

Back
Top Bottom