WORRIED how my baby cham is sleeping right now (PHOTO)

WORRIED how my baby cham is sleeping right now (PHOTO) *UPDATED WORRY OVER*

I know that I could be potentially over worrying, it's 1:30am here in England and he's been sleeping like this since about 9:30pm, I think he might be slipping though ... Is this normal for chameleons to sleep at this angle? and will he be safe? there is quite a drop under him if he does fall off?

He is 11 weeks old and we have had him for a week. He is very healthy, happy and doing great.

tumblr_ma7lz5Omt31rfjq9ro1_1280.jpg

Ah, thank you, when I saw him at first I was like that is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Then when I had time to look properly I began to worry. In my case though my worries means I do alot of research and learning to make sure I can give this little guy hopefully the best I can. I love this forum everyone is so friendly and just wanted a second, second opinion (slightly drunk boyfriend doesn't count :p) before I set my alarm to check on him every hour. :p only joking, I think I can sleep easy now! thank you guys! :)

Im sure he is okay, I would think they would get tired more due to how small it is and would require more sleep and as they get older have more energy during the day. But that's my opinion

Hey!

Thanks for the comments about the picture :) I've got loads and that one was only to show his position that he was sleeping, but he does look exttra cute in that one!

Im sure he is okay, I would think they would get tired more due to how small it is and would require more sleep and as they get older have more energy during the day. But that's my opinion

Luckily he was sleeping at night (I am in England) so all is good. Just turned on his lights and he is very happy to see me :D

I know that I could be potentially over worrying, it's 1:30am here in England and he's been sleeping like this since about 9:30pm, I think he might be slipping though ... Is this normal for chameleons to sleep at this angle? and will he be safe? there is quite a drop under him if he does fall off?

He is 11 weeks old and we have had him for a week. He is very healthy, happy and doing great.

tumblr_ma7lz5Omt31rfjq9ro1_1280.jpg

he cute m8 yep he will be fine they have a good grip don`t worry if he did`nt feel secure he would`nt sleep there nice pic m8

First time owner? Always the same worries for all of us. Great. You care. And you should. It is a nice Cham you have there.

On a sidenote, in nature they mainly prefer to sleep at tip of the branches as potential predators (like snakes) would be too heavy to get there. It is an instinct which they might loose the more they get used to captive environment.

You would panic if you saw mine sleep. Im lucky if 2 feet have a good grip. I think he thinks as long as the tail is wrapped around something he can be lazy.

such a cute cham you have!! baby chams have the most interesting ways/places to sleep! i'm in no way an expert, but mine sleeps on the ceiling of the cage, upside down! she's a beast..

My cham does this too. She has done it since she was a baby and now she is a lot bigger and I worry because I'm scared the branch will bend and snap and she will fall but she has never had a problem!

Nearly all of mine still sleep on the ends of branches to this day, except my biggest male who prefers the stability of a thick branch. But absolutely everyone else either sleeps on the end of a branch with their chin resting on the very tip, or holding on to a pothos leaf stem or two.

So don't worry about them, they know what they're doing. And if they fall it won't be a big deal, they are built for falls and will be startled and confused but fine.

That is an adorable little chameleon you have there! :)

Back
Top Bottom