Worried about Stress (first time cham owner)

@summoner12: Thank you for the advice :]
I did add a jungle vine and a plant vine (bought from lllreptile) behind the ficus which gives him a lot more privacy. That's very cute about your female warming her eggs :p
Yeah, I've been giving him a lot more privacy and only visiting to mist and feed. Other than that I leave him alone. Other than that he doesn't get any traffic since I keep my room door closed. :]

Syn had asked about the yellow plant that is in his cage (I took it out just in case) that she thought may be toxic...any second opinions/comformations?

@summoner12: Thank you for the advice :]
I did add a jungle vine and a plant vine (bought from lllreptile) behind the ficus which gives him a lot more privacy. That's very cute about your female warming her eggs :p
Yeah, I've been giving him a lot more privacy and only visiting to mist and feed. Other than that I leave him alone. Other than that he doesn't get any traffic since I keep my room door closed. :]

Syn had asked about the yellow plant that is in his cage (I took it out just in case) that she thought may be toxic...any second opinions/comformations?

what yellow plant? The plants you have look fine to me.

Oh okay, it was the pothos looking plant in the corner with the extra light patterning, which I think was the concern, but I'm glad to hear it is not toxic

Ok just so you know.. that plant with the lighter leaves in the front that looks like a pothos in the first picture IS indeed a pothos, it is variated or varigated pothos, the only difference is the color of the leaves. I have many different types of pothos and in fact have those exact same ones in my Cham cages with some of my chameleons. Other plants such as Ficus', pothos, come in these type of patterns. Pothos however can sometimes look like the common Philodendron plant which I know is deadly to some animals but not sure on Chams, that is why I don't use them. But you are ok to use that Pothos, in fact they are very hardy and require very little care.

Your henry is a beautiful little cham, I like your cage setup and after seeing your vine structure it makes me want to modify my own.

Ok just so you know.. that plant with the lighter leaves in the front that looks like a pothos in the first picture IS indeed a pothos, it is variated or varigated pothos, the only difference is the color of the leaves. I have many different types of pothos and in fact have those exact same ones in my Cham cages with some of my chameleons. Other plants such as Ficus', pothos, come in these type of patterns. Pothos however can sometimes look like the common Philodendron plant which I know is deadly to some animals but not sure on Chams, that is why I don't use them. But you are ok to use that Pothos, in fact they are very hardy and require very little care.

exactly what she said. the white leaves are a 'desease' that people like to see.... it won't kill the plant but it causes those white streaks. I have heard that if a cham ate the pothos alll day and stuff or ate a lot of it there would be an issue. I had my veiled go after a HW that wouldn't let go and he ended up eating the entire leaf with the worm..... he didn't drop dead.... just wasn't hungry for a couple of days :rolleyes::D

@joshdhensly: Thank you for the info/comformation :]
I put it back in, and his cage is stuffed with plants and vines, I think he is happy :]
@oatmeleon: Thank you for the comment, I've only had him for about 2 weeks and he's totally stolen my heart :] I've kept reptiles (arboreal mostly) for 7-8 years and I've always loved decorating the enclosures and try to provide a natural look as best i can. The compliment means a lot :]

Back
Top Bottom