worms

Cindy

I will be geting butterworms would to know how often to feed them don't
want to over feed theml
same for superworms and if I feed crickets that day can i do half and half
what do you feed the worms do you gutload them same as you do the the crickets

Butterworms and superworms are fatting.....use as a treat. Try silkworms next time; they are allot more well balanced. I gutload my worms with the same think as crickets.

I will be geting butterworms would to know how often to feed them don't want to over feed theml same for superworms and if I feed crickets that day can i do half and half what do you feed the worms do you gutload them same as you do the the crickets

Butterworms are a good addition to a chameleons diet. High in calcium, but somewhat fatty and you cant really gutload them. They last a long time in the fridge. Offerring One or two a week to the chameleon would be fine, alongside the crickets and such.

Superworms are very fatty, a little hard to digest, but They are also inexpensive and easy to breed and they can be gutloaded somewhat. Keep them on a bedding of bran or oats, and feed them chunks of yam, carrot, dandelion leaves, kale, slices of apple, slices of oranges, etc. Offerring a couple a week to the chameleon would be fine, alongside the crickets and such.

You can do one feeder choice on one day, something else the next time. Or you can mix it up with a couple different choices at each meal.

Other good "worm" options are Silkworms and goliath hornworms. Roaches and stick insects, terrestrial isopods, grasshoppers and moths are also good feeders.

The food diary section of my blog lists what I feed my chameleons, if you're interested to see what I do.

Back
Top Bottom