WORM in my laying bin???

Please help! This morning I went downstairs and found THIS in my ~8/9 mo old cham's laing bin, in the tester hole I dug her.

IMG-4299.JPG
IMG-4300.JPG
IMG-4301.JPG
IMG-4302.JPG

I did get her from a pervious owner -- could she have had a tapeworm or something the whole time and I didn't notice? Wll she be ok now that it's out? What even is this thing???? I'm so worried, please please please if anyone knows what's going on let me know. By the way, when I took the worm out it wasn't moving. Also, I've had my husbandry reviewed in the past and everything was ok.

Please help! This morning I went downstairs and found THIS in my ~8/9 mo old cham's laing bin, in the tester hole I dug her.

View attachment 278286View attachment 278287View attachment 278288View attachment 278289
I did get her from a pervious owner -- could she have had a tapeworm or something the whole time and I didn't notice? Wll she be ok now that it's out? What even is this thing???? I'm so worried, please please please if anyone knows what's going on let me know. By the way, when I took the worm out it wasn't moving. Also, I've had my husbandry reviewed in the past and everything was ok.
How big is it? looks more like an earth worm from the pics. Do you have potted plants near the lay bin?

How big is it? looks more like an earth worm from the pics. Do you have potted plants near the lay bin?
Yes, there are potted plants suspended above the bin. My cham has been acting totally normal, so my best guess is it somehow got into the sand at the hardware store or it lived in the plant and fell out, since I couldn't find anything online about chams getting giant tapeworms. Thank you so much for helping me feel better!

Yes, there are potted plants suspended above the bin. My cham has been acting totally normal, so my best guess is it somehow got into the sand at the hardware store or it lived in the plant and fell out, since I couldn't find anything online about chams getting giant tapeworms. Thank you so much for helping me feel better!
I seriously doubt that came from your cham. More then likely if you did not strip the roots of the plants and remove all dirt to plant in new dirt then it was in the plant and happened to fall out. :)

Back
Top Bottom