Worlds smallest cham.

i think it looks like a neonate pygmy chameleon- at that stage they are the smallest lizards in the world.

according to BBC's Life, Brookesia Minimum is the world's smallest chameleon, but that is not B. Minimum, this could be a photoshop also, but i couldn't tell you what kind of chameleon that is whether it'd be a pygmy species or not. sorry guys, i only do brevs

hey guys!

from what ive seen its its a pygmy leaf chameleon. over here in uk there is a series on bbc tv right now called David Attenborough's Madagascar. the leaf chameleons have been on it... so dam tiny... they do eat tiny fruit flies and they get the flies off small fruits which the lemurs drop from the trees.... its awsome to see. if i can clip it is it ok to put up on here? :D

really? i thought they had horn like things on top pf their eyes, oh well. i never said it was a brev ferret

...I never said you did. :confused: Someone else mentioned it though. And I've seen pics of minima with more pronounced eyebrow things too, but I've also seen quite a few pics of them without them. The long tail and tiny size seem to be the most consistent traits. :)

...I never said you did. :confused: Someone else mentioned it though. And I've seen pics of minima with more pronounced eyebrow things too, but I've also seen quite a few pics of them without them. The long tail and tiny size seem to be the most consistent traits. :)

sorry about the misunderstanding ferret :) again, i've only seen minimum from the special, i havent really gotten into learning about false chameleons, other than brevs is what i meant, i see your stand point too :)

That's okay. :) The pics of brookesia minima in Necas' books almost never have the tall eyebrows, but I've seen pics elsewhere that do. Nothing like superciliaris though!

it is amazing how long their tails actually are... like.. what do they even need a tail for? they are brilliant though.

ferret, are the protruding horns only seen on a certain sex of Br.Minimum?, say only males? it confuses me, as to some pics would show and some wouldnt, when they are the same species?

it is amazing how long their tails actually are... like.. what do they even need a tail for? they are brilliant though.

ferret, are the protruding horns only seen on a certain sex of Br.Minimum?, say only males? it confuses me, as to some pics would show and some wouldnt, when they are the same species?

That I cannot give you a definitive answer to...I'm betting it's probably more prominent in males if gender plays a role, and perhaps not until they reach a certain age? So maybe some pics are of female or younger specimens? Maybe Chris will see this and share some brilliance on it...

Back
Top Bottom