wont open her eyes

this whole week my baby veiled chameleon leah wont open her eyes for anything and she hasent eatin in like 5 days. i am worried she is about to pass away. :(

You probably should've posted when you first started noticing the problem. But it is what it is. You should fill out the help form and we can see if there any potential problems. At this point you'll want to take her to the vet asap and see what's going on. Is she not opening her eyes at all? Even when you mist her enclosure?? :confused:

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Your Chameleon - chameleo calyptratus, 2 months, female, it has been 1 month
Handling - twice a week
Feeding - pinhead crickets, twice a day, i use tetra calcium with no d3
Supplements - tetra calcium, once a month
Watering - flukers water dripper, 3 times a day, I do so my cham drink
Fecal Description - he is a lite green most of the time and his droppings are normal.
History - he hasnt been eating lately

Cage Info:
Cage Type- Combo 18 by 18 by 18
Lighting - well i dont have a light but i use exo terra night glo 20 watt
Temperature - i keep it at 80 to 83 degrees
Humidity - i keep it at 70 to 80%
Plants - no i am not useing live plants
Placement - i have it near my window and no cars pass by most of the time
Location - Horizon City, TX

is the whole cage 80 degrees? try to keep her a little cooler in the 70's

you do need a reptisun 5.0 LINEAR light bulb

and a basking bulb that reaches in tghe low 80's

the nightglow light might be affecting her

you do not need a night light, chams can be okay in the 60-70's at night without any lights

You're supplementing-schedule needs improvement as well.

I use a multivitamin (without D3) twice a month, calcium with D3 twice a month and calcium (without D3) 5-6 times a week.

The how to ask for help questions are the same as what you posted in your thread New Veiled Chameleon before you were given pages and pages of information and now you're posting the exact same thing again in this post...so you've made no changes??

Stanly gave you lots of information about supplements and stressed the need for a UVB light and yet you still don't have one??

In spite of carol5208 telling you "Without UVB he will die eventually" in post #11 in your thread New Veiled Chameleon...you still don't have a UVB light?? I gave you a lot of information in post #47 too that you obviously didn't listen to.

You said you got a UVB light...so why isn't it being used? You said...i have noticed he has trouble climbing"...have you been giving it the calcium at every feeding as was suggested.

If you didn't make any of the changes then its no wonder your chameleon now won't open its eyes. If you didn't make the changes recommended you are letting your chameleon die.

Did you make the changes? Add a UVB light? Change your supplements so you are using calcium at almost all the feedings? Remove the substrate?

Also, if the cage gets sunlight on it because its in the window, are you sure that the temperatures are what you said they are when the sun shines on the cage?

Andrew we have done everything we can for you and if you have not listened to us, then as I stated before, your chameleon is not going to make it. WHY have you NOT gotten your UVB light? If this chameleon does not make it, please do not purchase another one until you go back to that other thread and make EVERY change we told you to do. If you don't you are going to have another sick or dying chameleon.:mad:

Then why in the ask for help form you stated "well, I don't have a light, but I use an exoterra night glo 20 watt. What are we supposed to think??????

well, there have been so many posts, I cannot keep track. I went off the latest thread and post and you stated you have no light, which makes no sense to me why you would post that if you have one. Post some pics of your set up, lights, and you chameleon so we can see what is going on. It seems that if you have followed all of our instructions and your chameleon is still closing his eyes on a daily basis, then you need to get him to a vet.

Back
Top Bottom