Won't eat dubia?

Countryside Chams

Am I just very unlucky or are there a lot of chams that won't eat dubia. None of my seven panthers seem the least bit interested in them. Any tricks?

I've only heard this with panthers, which is weird. My veiled and my jackson both liked them!

I suppose they will eat them (or learn to eat them) if you refuse to feed them anything else for a while.

Are you trying to feed adult dubia to them? Do you use a feeding cup? If you have been feeding something " candy like " to them such as supers, they may be spoiled and not want anything else. Also some of my chams seem to prefer different feeders depending on the weather and time of year. How often do you feed and how old are your chams? Adult panthers can go quite a few days without eating. You may want to wait three days and offer them again, provided your chams are adult size.

I got my colony started any my ambanja male eats them my hatchling eats them and my nosy be female eats them but for some reason my nosy be male doesn't. He can be weird I cup feed all of my chameleons but he seems to only like food when it's crawling around his cage haha. I know a lady who has like 6 ambilobes who won't eat them so it depends on your Cham :) hope everything works out

All of my panthers will eat them, but my nose faly will only eat them from my hand. All of my Jackson's love them. It's their favorite food.

Back
Top Bottom