Wobbly????

baggedd5087

So my 2 month old veiled started doing that trying to imatate a leaf thing but then he stops and he still is kinda wobbly im new to chams and im so paranoid hes gonna get sick today is the second day ive had him and he finally ate 3 dusted crickets and have not seen him drink from dripper

Fill this out and post some pics and we'll see if you are doing everything correctly.

How to ask for help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information, you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful

Cage Info:
Cage Type - all screen 2x2x4 (LxWxH)
Lighting - Repti-Glo 5.0 18" long, 40 watt dome light, on 12 hours off 12 hours
Temperature - 80-90 in the day 75-80 at night, using lazer thermometer
Humidity - 50-60 normal, 70-80 after misting
Plants - Corn Plant, Pothos, ficus elastica
Placement - In my dark quiet room on my dresser no wind or anything
Location - Grand Junction Colorado in the dry desert

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled Male 2 Months Ive had him for 2 days
Handling - few times a day but today probably like 10 times a day getting him to try to eat
Feeding - Ive only fed him small crickets this morning was the first day he ate he only ate 3 dusted with calcium w/o D3
Supplements - Rep-Cal Calcium W/ D3 twice a month, Rep-Cal Herp. once a month, Zoo-Med Calcium W/O D3 Every Other Feeding
Watering - Drip System, Misting 3-4x Daily For about 2 Min.
Fecal Description - Black With White end, Hasn't been Tested
History - Got him From FLChams 2 days ago
Current Problem -Wobbly

DSCN2020.jpg

DSCN2026.jpg

ya i shouldnt i felt bad it seemed to take alot out of him but i was worried cause he hasnt ate anything before today so i would just pick him up and put him by the crickets and he finally ate but i wont even touch him tomorrow

He is too cute. My Meller does that too, she will hold up one leg like she is going to climb but she just stays there and sways side to side. I notice this when I have the stereo on and she is out of her cage on the limbs I have set up. I'll start move back and forth like we're dancing and she gets going. I don't know, I think she is just swaying to the music.

I notice you said that you have him in a dark quiet room, IMO that's not very stimulating. I have my two, a panther and meller in the dining room and they are involved in our everyday life. They seem to like the stimulation and they are really friendly. My panther cannot wait for me to open the cage door and put my hand in. He then crawls up my arm and on my head. If I try to put him on the limbs outside the cage he crawls back up my arm. The meller on the other hand is a little shy. Due to his young age, I would let him be in a room with people, noise and activity, otherwise him might be very skittish as he grows being around people. This is only my opinion and my experience.

The only think I see in your ask for help that's off is you might be getting him to hot. 90 is to hot for a 2 month old. Keep him around 80 to 82. Also in the daytime he does not need to be in a dark room.....well lighted in the daytime or he might think it's night time and go to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom