With this budget, what setup would you get

Lol! So the feeders arrived - I ordered small dubia (before I knew that a local friend raised them!) and I got some small ones...I also got some that are bigger that Bowie!! My friend is going to pick up the big ones and exchange them with some small ones for me - she needs breeders & I don't! Got more BFSL, hornworms - some that are small enough for him to eat. The ones I originally got are getting ready to pupate! I'm going to get my incubator out & see if I can get them to hatch into moths, then give me fertile eggs! I also got some more crickets. My other order of crickets got messed up & I ended up with pinheads...these are a little bigger. Bowie has plenty to eat & if I could tame the dubia, he could have a chariot to ride!

rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif dubia chariot ride rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif . Now that is funny stuff right there rofl.gif .

Ok - so Bowie has been home a little while now. He's doing great! Such a sociable guy & so sweet. I've been a nervous wreck about breaking him, but I think that nervousness is abating some. Last night I had a lock-in with the Scouts, so I made sure he had eaten well & was settled for the evening before we headed out. We got home later today than expected and he was hanging on the front door screen to his enclosure almost as if he was looking around for me! He still had a couple of dubia left over, so he wasn't starving or anything. I think I'm forgiven though since I gave him an extra cricket to make ammends.

He has picked out his favorite sleeping spot in the gardenia bush, so I always know where to find him at lights out.

I have 2 hornworms that went into the pupal stage in my incubator! It also looks like I might have a couple of larger silkworms possibly starting to cocoon!

So exciting!

Back
Top Bottom