Wire Mesh

cooper9934

Any solid ideas on what wire mesh works best for a Chem? I have about a year old veiled and am going to construct a cage for him to have some more room. I want to make it pretty big and put it in front of my sliding screen door to the back yard. This way I can put a bunch of plants in there and they will still get sun.

I've looked all around and can't find anything that is the right fit. Some are like a screen door (won't let the chem climb on it) and others are to big where the crickets can escape.
Thanks a lot,

(Rodney thanks you too)

A.

Oy, well my cage uses a 1/8"(I believe) plastic coated wire mesh, its smooth to the touch unlike regular window screen. Its a cage from DIYcages. I know I've seen lowes or homedepot selling "pet mesh" on there sites, which I believe is similar. Its fairly pricey though.

This stuff is the Best, the guy selling it on eBay ships quick and has it available in different sizes. While 1/4" mesh will allow small crickets and meal worms to escape, you cannot beat his price's or the quality of the product (no need to worry about injured CHAM feet). The solution to avoid escaping insects is simple....just set a feeding bowl in the cage and pinch off the back legs of the crickets. http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Ft-1-4-Inch-VINYL-COATED-WIRE-MESH-HARDWARE-CLOTH-/260835553744?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbb02b1d0

Best Regards,

Dave :)

Here is what the finished product looks like in dark green; this cage has not been shown on the forum yet but its almost finished. Will share more pics in a few weeks once everything is completed.............

Derem 7-21-2011 004.jpg

I got mine from homedepot. Look over by the plexiglass and the window screens. Their are rolls of mesh like the window screens and metal mesh. Their were a few different sizes of rolls to choose from. Took me awhile to find it in there. Kept looking right past it.

Back
Top Bottom