Winter options?

cooper9934

I built an outdoor cage to put my veiled in. He has loved it all summer long. Right when I put him out there his colors completely changed. I pumped water through a mist king a few times a day and on hot days I would just leave it on for a while.

I am wondering when i need to bring him inside for the winter. I know that they say veiled's can handle temps down to the mid 40's but I don't know anyone with direct experience.

Also, I might put him under my patio cover and put a heat lamp out there but that's just a thought too.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4675.jpg
    IMG_4675.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_4677.jpg
    IMG_4677.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_4676.jpg
    IMG_4676.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 111
How cold is it getting at night? What are the daytime temps right at the cage? How long does it take the cage to get warmed up? I'd start getting concerned if your cham has to bask for hours every day just to warm up enough to be active, eat and drink. If he's sitting somewhere dark and quiet most of the day its time to bring him in.

Thanks

Its getting to the mid to high 50's.

I noticed that he is not moving around a lot in the morning- he is just waiting to warm up.

I'm going to move him in soon but i know he is going to be pissed! ha ha

A.

btw - I'm in sacramento and its still getting to the upper 80's and low 90's so he is happy in the afternoon.. just cold at night

btw - I'm in sacramento and its still getting to the upper 80's and low 90's so he is happy in the afternoon.. just cold at night

Maybe you could drape something over his cage at night to stabilize the temp a bit (block colder air exchange at night and blocks drafts).

Back
Top Bottom