window screen?!

Not at all. They sell window screen that blocks UVB. Make sure you DONT get that. They sell some really durable stuff called "pet screen" I hear its good, but its much more expensive.

Not at all. They sell window screen that blocks UVB. Make sure you DONT get that. They sell some really durable stuff called "pet screen" I hear its good, but its much more expensive.

ok how about this i have some other plastic coated mesh were the holes are about 1 squared centimeter i would have that over the majority of the cage but the bottom 8 or 9 inches would be window screen so that crickets cant escape

I've been using the pet screen,its like window screen but it does NOT block uva/uvb. I've also used that gardening screen its about 1/4 holes. The pet screen is at walmart in hardware section next to the other screens its about $5-9.00 a roll. :)

ok how about this i have some other plastic coated mesh were the holes are about 1 squared centimeter i would have that over the majority of the cage but the bottom 8 or 9 inches would be window screen so that crickets cant escape

They will climb. They will still escape:mad: There bostords like that. You could cup or hand feed though.

beautiful i must say as my first day in the forum you all make people feel so welcome and very informative with your quick and educated answers im very impressed ill post some pictures up as soon as i get there setup complete :D

Regular window screen is fiberglass and crickets can eat through it like it's butter. Use some kind of metal screening to make a cage or else it will be riddled with little holes. Trust me!

Here is what you should do......Use aluminium window-door screen for the walls & 1/4" square galvinized hardware cloth for the top. then place strips of 3" clear shipping tape along the top edges of the walls.... this will keep crix & other critters from reaching the top, its super slick. The bigger squares will not block nearly as much UVB!;)

Back
Top Bottom